Warranty Questions

pazaz

Reaction score
I purchased My S3 in March this year on a Y plate. I bought the car from Fontain with a 12mth warranty with OLYMPIC WARRANTIES.

The car is awesome but developed two annoying faults:
1.Faulty fuel gauge,
2.Sticky drivers door switch, which computer shows door open when closed and unable arm the alarm.

I was wondering has anybody had any experiances with Olympic Waaranties and would i have to take the car back up to Fontain to sort the problem out.

Any info/advice appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

read the small print you may have to have the car serviced every 6 months or 6k whatever comes sooner, you may have to pay to have it checked as well, i deal with warrantie companys all the time they use anything to get out of paying, good luck

Both are common faults on an S3 - the Audi warranty covers it - not sure about third parties though - they are often for more mechanical faults - check the small print.

what about indicators my side repeater on the drivers wing has come loose and looks like part of it is broken behind. But bet its not a dear part tio buy but if i can get it for nowt then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Taffy said:

Unfortunatley i took the car on Sat to my local Audi dealer who told me they wont deal with any warranties other than theirs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure this a load of bull.. Audi would take your money if you were paying out of your own pocket so why should they care where the money is coming from ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I've dealt with Audi before using a 3rd party warranty and had to pay first then claim it back from the warranty company. The only problem when you do this mind you is the warranty company will only give you a certain hourly amount for the work. e.g The warrantly company may give you £35 per hour labour and audi charge £75 per hour.

Its up to you then to pay the rest.

Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
The warranty company may give you £35 per hour labour and audi charge £75 per hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feck didn't know that.. That kinda makes me think twice about an independent warranty.