1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warranty Question

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by adnan, Nov 5, 2012.

1. adnan

adnan New Member

Hello

2nd post on this forum so bear with me please. So I have my Audi A3 2012 black edition on its way. It has everything I want except the sat nav system. My questions is if I get an original Audi Sat-Nav system fitted by another company would it invalidate my warranty, if so to what extent? Some people say it will invalidate the whole warranty others say it will only invalidate the warranty for the electricals. Any advice appreciated

cheers
    adnan
  2. AndyParker

AndyParker Member

I am sure that I have read NHN say that he is yet to see warranty work invalidated/declined due to an OEM RNSE upgrade.

unfortunately modding and warranties are a grey area and the only person to 100% confirm it is Audi themselves.

logic would say that if you change the headunit and the exhaust goes wrong that there is no link (not sure where the burden of proof would lie). On the other hand if the electrics all went this could be closer linked to the head unit and the dealer could drag their feet if they really wanted to

The other question is will they even notice /realise?

Could a happy medium be to source the unit yourself (classifieds/ebay) and get audi to fit it?
  3. A3Kent

A3Kent Different Gear

I have an Audi Used Car Warranty, NHN put RNS-E and bluetooth etc in it for me, I then had a couple of mechanical problems which were fixed under warranty, no problem.
  4. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

Gibberish - ignore.
  5. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

Like Andy said, they would have to prove the RNS-e is at fault for causing a problem with your exhaust.

If things like this were not allowed, nobody would be even allowed to fit a handsfree kit or anything!

Don't worry...

PS - If you want an RNSe then just get in touch :blow:
    adnan likes this.
  6. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

I had RNSE retro fitted in the last S3 and had loads of subsequent warranty work at AUDI without any hassle at all, including electrical gremlins.
    Although RNSE is a bit old hat these days its essential in an A3 IMO.
  7. adnan

adnan New Member

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Looks like ill have to get one then
  8. adnan

adnan New Member

How do I get it touch with you as I'm keen to get a RNSE ASAP. FYI my email address is adzman77@gmail.com
  9. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

replied to your PM bud