1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warranty Direct??

stores Apr 25, 2005

1. stores

stores New Member

Just had a quote from Warranty Direct for my A3 1.8 T Sport 2001 with 20,000 miles on clock for £225 less £20 if I take policy out by 1st May. Has anyone had any dealings with them? Are they ok if you do need to claim or a nightmare? The cover sounds very good but not having done this before would appreciate any views claims you have encountered with them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

2. The Slug

The Slug Active Member

just remeber to read the small print, espcially the parts/labour of what they DONT cover!!

3. HTC

HTC Active Member

Also check out the excess amount as some cheaper quotes sometimes have higher excess charges.

4. imported_gek

imported_gek Guest

Sorry to crash, but who is considered the best non Audi warranty provider?

5. Curious about these guys as well , they have quoted me for my 2002 1.8T Sport and even when I went for the servicing by an Audi dealer they were still very very competitive.

Excess was set at £25 which I thought was good seeing as that wont get you 30 mins of labour or a "free" cup of tea at a stealers.

Gold cover seems to be very comprehensive , will make an enquiry at Audi about their warranty prices but reckon it will be double what I have been quoted.

Anybody had to claim from them yet ?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

6. Geronim0

Geronim0 Member

Hi M8, I contacted my local stealer John /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif Fox and was quoted £881 for a 99 S reg 1.8T Sport that has done about 87k. The sales guy was very abrupt and didnt want to discuss anything further.... I have had a quote from the AA which was about £56 !!!! Give em a try - the excess is about £50 I think.

Cheers Simon

7. stores

stores New Member

£56 from the AA sounds too good too be true and you know what they say......... surely someone will have had to make a claim from warranty direct or maybe Audi's are just so reliable!!!!!! will make some more enquiries and see where they go

8. DaveP

DaveP Member

I made a claim for a new radiator on my Corrado with them about 5yrs ago - they squirmed, I pushed my luck - I was quite happy in the end (obviously they don't cover for stone damage - but then what constitutes stone damage).

9. imported_flava

imported_flava Guest

I have used them in the past and I am currentyl covered by them. I amde a claim on my ECU for the Haldex unit and it was not covered. They are very good yuo can even choose a dealer labor rate so you dont have to pay th difference my excess is £15:00 make usre all the electronic parts are covered this is where Audi xharge silly money

10. prodrive

prodrive New Member

I have an AA parts and labour plus warranty, covers upto £1000 each claim with a max of 3 claims a year. Excess is £25. Have just had a claim refused - AA claim a known A3 design fault

11. Geronim0

Geronim0 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I have an AA parts and labour plus warranty, covers upto £1000 each claim with a max of 3 claims a year. Excess is £25. Have just had a claim refused - AA claim a known A3 design fault

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mate what was the claim for exactly ?