1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warranty claim for ARBs and fuel sender?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by ImS3ola, Nov 16, 2005.

1. ImS3ola

ImS3ola Member

Hi guys, my cars just been into Audi for its first MOT and for them to look at the following probs:

1) Fuel guage malfunctioning - it's been showing empty (0 miles on DIS) even though there's petrol in the tank. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

2) Clunking sound when going over bumps/potholes

Well, the car passed the MOT with no probs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

BUT, the guy said he wasn't sure if the Audi warranty would cover these other items. He said he would submit a claim but it may be rejected as they are wear and tear items.

I told him this is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif - The car is only 3 yrs old and has done 21k miles. I'm sure people have had these things changed under warranty before? Could everyone post here and let me know the score so I can phone up the warranty dept. and ask them myself.

Thanks guys
  2. benk

benk Member

I don't see why a fuel tank sender (if that's what it is) should be wear and tear..?

ARB bushes: yes, I'd see that as wear and tear.
  3. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

I recently had my fuel tank senders (as I think there are two, in the tank) replaced under warranty. That is with the Mondial warranty that Audi/VW now recommend.
  4. madvw

madvw Active Member

strange, as PLENTY of people have already had their ARB bushed replaced under warranty.

I recently took mine in, for its first MOT too.

i also enquired about an intermittant knocking on the drivers rear wheel - knowing full-well that it was a rear ARB issue.

Unfortunately, as i couldn't reproduce the problem they refused to replace anything.

They did however put the car on the ramps and "take a look for anything obvious"...

strangely, since then, it hasn't happened again...yet...
  5. benk

benk Member

Well, then I'd suggest asking about ARB under warranty. It's a cheap job so I guess they are doing it as goodwill, or can someone confirm whether they don't see it as wear and tear?
  6. imported_gek

imported_gek Guest

Had my ARBs done under extended warranty
  7. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member

Ditto as gek. Only thing to be wary of is that you have a 3 year or 60,000 mile warranty, it runs out which ever is the sooner. So if you have done 3 Years and 1 month you may not get it covered despite doing on 21,000 miles.
  8. benk

benk Member

Ok, that's good to know, and I must admit I'm surprised, since the ARB bushes are the first to give up aren't they?