1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

warranties

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by oldlaw, Jan 9, 2008.

1. oldlaw

oldlaw Member

[Jan 9, 2008]
    My cars warranty expires in march,what are my best avaiable options. do i renew with audi or get a replacement? ta
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Jan 9, 2008]
    Two very extreme sceanarios.

Do you really want to pay out for a replacement car or do you have a plan?
  4. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Jan 9, 2008]
    You could try Warranty-Direct. I had a quote from them for a previous A3 and they were much cheaper than Audi for the same cover.

My wife's Polo was covered by one of their warranties and they paid out without any trouble to replace a headlight with a faulty height adjustment motor.

In my case, I decided to change the car in the end!!!
  5. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Jan 9, 2008]
    But you always have a plan eh Dave. :)
  6. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member

[Jan 9, 2008]
    Cant say I've bothered with one to be honest. Save the money for servicing and repairs. If you have owned it a while then you will have ironed out most potential problems with it.

Most aftermarket warranty have lots of parts they wont cover along with maximum payout levels per claim as well an excess in some cases.
  7. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Jan 9, 2008]
    Yes your right. But it's always nice to have all the information, if only to convince myself it's a good idea to change. When I changed to the Sportback in March my existing 140 was due for it's second AVS service at around £250 + brake fluid change at £80 + DSG oil change at £180. This together with the £380 for a year's extended warranty and the cost of an additional year of Audi On-Call. Grand total of around £1000 to put towards a new car. Seemed silly to pay out £1000 on my existing nearly 3 year old car when I could have a nice new 170 Sportback one for only another £10k.!!!
  8. cdb2

cdb2 Member

[Jan 9, 2008]
    I got letter today reminding me mine runs out soon too. They tell you to get in touch to discuss options, you don't get any literature or prices. Think I'll do nothing, from what most peeps have said they are circa £700 or more I think!

Do they send you reminders and application forms to renew the breakdown cover - seem to recall they do a good price for 2 years? The letter seems to suggest not and you have to contact them? If this is the case it is daft!

P.S. just looked at Warranty Direct - for a policy at a Franchised Dealer it would be £300 or £400 depending on what cover I wanted, not too bad. Decisions!
  9. steveg9

steveg9 Member

[Jan 9, 2008]
    Warranty Direct £275 for one year @ VW labour on a Touran 140PD, not bad I guess
  10. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member

[Jan 9, 2008]
    Depending what parts are covered, what the maximum claim limit is, and the number of claims that are allowed, of course!