1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warped Discs?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3 Jock, Jan 16, 2008.

1. S3 Jock

S3 Jock Member

[Jan 16, 2008]
    Car had genuine audi disc and pads (front) 20k miles ago fromt eh dealer and now there is pedal / steering wheel vibration when I brake.

There's still some meat on the pads, but is that a reasonable amount of time for the discs to last?

Looking at changing for standard type (ie nto upgrade) - anyone got any experience / opinions on the following brands:

FEBI
    LOCKHEED / DELPHI
    ATE

?

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. Aky

Aky Aky

[Jan 16, 2008]
    I think most S3 owners without a big brake upgrade recommend Black Diamond grooved discs.
  4. TheSpaceCowboy

TheSpaceCowboy Member

[Jan 16, 2008]
    Yes, that seems fairly reasonable to me. Remember they are consumable parts and if your constantly slamming on the anchors so much so that they reach temperatures to warp then you'll end its life alot quicker. Stump up the cash matey!
  5. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[Jan 16, 2008]
    I believe ATE is OEM and seem good quality for what they are, I've also got Delphi discs on the front and they seem okay and survived a trip around europe and a few laps of the ring. I don't think there would be any problems with any of the above to be honest. They're pretty cheap too so who cares if they warp etc. just buy new ones.
  6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 16, 2008]
    Avoid anything drilled basically, they seem more prone to warping, slotted disks are ok though.