Warning on Simota induction kits

mac1403

Reaction score
Anyone who is considering buying a Simoto Induction Kit, beware if you have a facelift model. The pipe that houses the Maf has the mouting holes the wrong way around so air does not flow through the maf. I spent 2 hours filing the Maf hole to fit as it is too small only to find the Maf is too long and hits the bottom of the pipe before it is fully in. This is because our maf housings are 4" not 3. All in all i have the worst headache ever and everything is apart on the car.....am off to the pub.....aghhhhhhhh

im my tread i made it clear and also took photos of what i did

it is a big pain in the **** but im in love with the kit now :)

show us some pics of your set up

i also made this clear to dp motorsports who said they would remake the pipe but looks like they didnt

billybravo, how did you fix the maf? If its bolted in the position of the holes on the pipe its not he right way around. It looks like you haven't bolted it in. Did you just file the hole till it was tight and then leave it? Also how did you attach the heatshield back on as it mounts to the airbox thats removed. Lastly what size maf do you have, ie the length of it. I will have to phone DP Motorsport tomorrow as I realised too late they have sent me the wrong kit. The one they sent was for a 2002 + 1.8T. Oh, sorry, one last thing, where did you get the kevlar for the pipe. Thanks for all your help....just hope they send the right one next time as the kit does look good. Just hacked me off after all that filing that the maf was too long for the pipe.