1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WARNING: My experience with Orange Tuning

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by JPK, Jan 1, 2013.

1. JPK

JPK Member

[Jan 1, 2013]
    I would not recommend purchasing from Orange Tuning. (orange-tuning.de or on eBay)
    Great service until there is a problem then he disappears and stops replying to emails.

First issue was when he sent my item to the wrong address in a different country (old paypal address), even though I clearly stated in my paypal payment notes and separate emails what the correct address was.
    Item finally arrived after multiple calls and emails to him to re route the package. I didn't have major issue with this as I understand these things can be overlooked from time to time.

Went to install item a couple of months later (as i was building up a bunch of suspension parts to install at once) and he had sent the wrong part (h&r cup kit with wrong front struts). This was unbelievable as we had discussed the right parts for my car in detail including specifically discussing that my vehicle has a 55mm front strut clamp (not 55mm). I even provided my chassis number which he said he checked and he would send the 55mm type.

He replies to first email saying he will rectify the issue, then promptly disappears off the face of the planet. No reply to well over 10 emails to info@orange-tuning.de, multiple Skype calls/messages, website contact form, multiple phone calls off different numbers. This went on for a month and still no contact. I might add that all contact until the last email was very polite.

I've seen on different forums he is replying to other people and his eBay site is running with people leaving feedback etc so he is obviously still working and in the office.

I am now left paying a mechanic twice to install a part, a useless set of front shocks I can't sell and having to buy another set of correct shocks.

Absolutely deplorable service and I guess the volume of sales he does means he thinks he can just ignore the odd issue that seems too hard and it will go away.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. Dannykn9

Dannykn9 "Cruise My Ride" VCDS Map User

[Jan 1, 2013]
    Open up a PayPal dispute mate, as they will deal with this kind of case.
  4. JPK

JPK Member

[Jan 1, 2013]
    Can't unfortunately. As by the time I tried to lodge the dispute window was closed.
  5. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

[Jan 2, 2013]
    i had the same issue for a hybrid turbo i had bought from a company in derbyshire (derby turbo centre)

1st turbo he made me had completely different housing to the BKD turbo so would be a dodgy fit so i decided to give him a second chance with the right housing

2nd turbo he made i had it installed car started fine no oil leaks etc etc until i went to get it remapped a weeks later the tuning company could not get the turbo to produce any more power, so i gave him a call and he said he would rectify the problem and give my money back, a week later i rang him to go and get the money and i couldnt get in touch with him, he had movedhis company 2 streets away from his old unit and decided not to respond to my phone calls,

instead of ringing this time i went down there with a couple of lads and came back with all my £550 plus £200 compensaton for the labour i was charged for fitting the turbo.

DO NOT BUY A TURBO FROM DERBY TURBO CENTRE THEY WILL RUIN YOUR CAR !!!