warning lights

skinz

Reaction score
i've got 2 lights coming up on my dash, i've got the ABS light come on and a (!) starts flashing, is it just 1 of te ABS sensors gone or is it something else

It's a sure sign that the ABS system has a fault, only true way of finding the root cause is for a VAGCOM scan to be done otherwise you'll end up p&ssing in the dark changing things over.

A quick way of determining if the ABS sensors have gone awry is to disconnect at the plug and drop a multimeter across the terminals to check if there's an open circuit on the sensor

looks like i need to get myself 1 of these vagcom's, already got the op-com for vauxhall, was a nightmare to install on my laptop, some1 on here gave me a link to a cheap 1 on fleebay but i've seen some1 post on here that u need to watch out for the cheap 1's, c with my op-com 1 i have a lot of prob's with my antivirus an d i dont want that again

got 1 more thing, im not sure if my temp gauge is working, it never seems to move even when the cars just idling for 10-15 min, would the vagcom tell me if something is up here as well

It would help. Common thing here is a duff thermostat or CTS (coolant temp sensor)

Do the abs symbols clear if you switch ignition off? If you can start car and the warning only comes on once you drive off then it's maybe a sensor problem.Vagcom will show which one is faulty.

yea it only comes on after about 10min+ of driving, what does the (!) mean then

(!) means fault in the braking system.

If the ABS light comes on at the same time then its a fault with the ABS system.

The fact it comes on after your driving means its a faulty sensor or reluctor. You need Vagcom to find out which.

ok cheers, so r them vagcoms on fleebay any gd or do i need to look somewhere else