1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

warning lights problem on a3 tdi 2009 with multi-function steering wheel

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Alva78, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Alva78

Alva78 Member

I Know i posted this before and got no replies (probably because of the complexity of the problem)but i have more details now.To start of with the ignition turned off and the vehcile locked i get the steering wheel light on the dash flashing very dull yellow.The hazard warning light flickering.When i have the ignition on every thing seems ok no warning lights just the steering wheel light a very dim yellow (can hardly be seen) but also the performance cold is not as good as it normally is.Can anyone shed light on this,i have it booked in at Audi Bexely Wednesday and the hourly charges are phenomenal.My fried has a VAG-COM but worried about putting on .
  2. Dannykn9

Dannykn9 "Cruise My Ride"

If your friend has VCDS and does not want to scan your car because he is worried, then why has he even got VCDS??!!
    Just tell him to scan it and see what it brings up. No harm will be done to the car from a simple scan, he should know this!
  3. smiler2012

smiler2012 Member

Could be something as simple as battery voltage no good from cold starting? Recommend you test the battery? Or even a poor earth somewhere on the body?
  4. Ash187

Ash187 Audi Retrofitter

Im not that far from Bexley, I can come down and plug in my vcds and see whats going on?
  5. Alva78

Alva78 Member

Hi Ash sent you a pm thanks for your offer .I am available tommorrow pm if you can.My mobile is 07850430129 (Andy),i still have it booked in at Audi bexely,they have quoted £147 per hour!!thats without a courtesy car.But the problem is either very simple or very complex.My Golfs i have owned before were alot simple to work on but this is new teritory with all the electronics.Even the steering wheel has an ECU
  6. budgieb

budgieb New Member

Hi i was wondering if you sorted this problem as i have exact same power steering light on very dim an hazerd switch flashes very dim to fnx