Warning lights and fuses.

heap1000

Reaction score
Had my Audi A3 2.0 tdi SE 2004 for a week now and have a question regarding the display in the centre of the rev and speed dials.
Mine does not have the digital display just the warning lights and door/boot/bonnet open lights.

Should these lights come on when you first turn on the ignition? I have only seen the door lights come on (guess it is a good thing that the warning lights don't come on) just want to make sure I don't have a dodgy fuse.
Also my glove box light does not work and my boot light (I think I should have one but have not found it yet!) aslo my cruise control does not work so I just thought I might have a fuse or something out?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Take it back mate.

The warning lights come on at switch on as a check so that is ok.

Boot light and particularly cruise control need sorting. I assume you bought it from a garage ?

Hi the warning lights such as engine management that are around the rev and speed counter come on but the ones in the box ie the low fuel one don't come on. Should these ones come on too? I think most people have a digital display here that tells you the mpg but mine is just warning lights.

I bought my car from where my father in law works and got it at trade price so is bought as seen. Plus side to that is I get it serviced for free and only pay for parts at trade price when it needs fixing.

Provided the lights go off then all ok. The petrol light only comes on when you're getting low.

As far as the rest is concerned then you will have to take it for a diagnostic scan to find the problems.

Boot light is on the left hand boot lining. If you don't have one then I assume your car is the very basic model ! However I've never known one without a boot light !

hi not sure my post has come across right? I don't have any lights staying on or need a diagnostic. My question is that I am not sure if the lights in the centre (where the door/boot/bonnet/petrol low lights are) are working. i want to know if these lights should light up when you first turn the ignition just like the rest do near around the rev speedo counter.

i have seen the door/boot/bonnet lights light up when they are open. so need to know if these light only light up if there is a fault (so in theory it is good they are not lighting up) or a fuse has gone.

hope that makes more sense?

Door/bonnet/boot/petrol lights do not come on at switch on unlike the others. Provided, of course you are not short of petrol or there is something open !

The others come on as a computer check and go off if all ok.

You said cruise control doesn't work so a diagnostic check will help to isolate the problem.

Thanks for that. Yes a diagnostic would help with the cc but do be honest I don't really use it so no rush on that one.

So glove box light might just be a bulb out?

I had a look in the boot for the light and I can see a hole where I think the light should be at the top left hand side and there is a wire there with a connector on it with nothing connected to it.

Another question.

There seems to be a sub woofer in the left hand side of boot but this seems to make a strange noise almost like it is playing a different track. Does it sound like this or is it just noticeable because I have no parcel shelf?

Thanks

Have you tried the button under the right stick that enables and disables the trip and radio/track info and so on.

I don't have the digital display in my car so there is no button on the right stick. The display does not show mpg or fuel in the tank it just has a panel of warning lights.

Thanks for that. Yes a diagnostic would help with the cc but do be honest I don't really use it so no rush on that one.

So glove box light might just be a bulb out?

I had a look in the boot for the light and I can see a hole where I think the light should be at the top left hand side and there is a wire there with a connector on it with nothing connected to it.

Another question.

There seems to be a sub woofer in the left hand side of boot but this seems to make a strange noise almost like it is playing a different track. Does it sound like this or is it just noticeable because I have no parcel shelf?

Thanks

It sounds like you do not have a boot light ! As far as the glove box is concerned I would assume you do not have that either. My car is a 2006 sportback and that does not have a glove box light because that was all part of the optional interior light pack. Does not apply to the boot though as that was standard so somebody has removed yours !

Can't comment about the sub-woofer apart from to confirm that that is where it is positioned !

Thanks for the reply. I can see the light in the glove box well the clear plastic bit. Not sure how you get it out to change the bulb? I strange why someone would take the light out