1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

warning light flashing

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by JohnnyRob, Jan 1, 2007.

1. JohnnyRob

JohnnyRob Member

[Jan 1, 2007]
    My B5 A4 1995 1.8 has what appears to be a red flashing brake light symbol. The brakes all work OK, the pads appear all good as is the brake fluid level.

Can anyone advise as to what this light represents. Or failing that has anyone diagnostic equipment west Surrey/Berks/Hants borders that can take a look?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. bearthebruce

bearthebruce Ross-Tech, LLC

[Jan 2, 2007]
    The flashing brake light symbol means that there is a fault in the ABS brake system. You should get the car scanned as soon as you can to find out what the fault is. Since I am in the US, I cannot help you with that.
  4. Beerzo

Beerzo Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

[Jan 2, 2007]
    JohnnuRob - Where are you based? I have access to VAG-COM.
  5. JohnnyRob

JohnnyRob Member

[Jan 2, 2007]
    Bearthebruce - that sounds about right now you mention it. That explains the missing abs fuse in the fuse box!

Beerzo - I am down in West Surrey; a bit of a trek - thanks for the offer though, much appreciated :)

If I can get hold of a copy of Vag-com and a lead from Ebay I'll have a go myself. I better read up first!