Wanted B8 S4 avant manual

TahirS

It is all about that BEARD!
Reaction score
hi guys I'm new to all this forum business but you guys seem like a happy helpful family. I'm looking for an S4 avant, it must be manual and have the essential extras, namely

Dynamic Drive
Active Diff
Super sports seats
Heated seats
Sat Nav
Keyless

Anything extra is a bonus but I'm looking for a low mileage full history standard car I can use to do an MRC Stage 2 upgrade to make a stealthy family wagon for me.

If anyone spots anything I'd be very grateful

Thanks guys

I spent months doing the exactl same thing including the same spec as a replacment for my B6 S4, went the new RS4 route in the end but I did realise that that spec is out there but the rarest item on your list is "Advanced Key", the rest of your list should be ok. Seems not so many S4 owners spec'd this from new, its a 400 pound option on an RS4, must be more on an S4.

I wouldn't have a car without it now ( last 3 cars have had it), its excellent although the BMW version is better, i'm hopeing there will be inprovments for the B9 version.

Please note that "Advanced key" is not a retro fit item, not without high cost and a lot of agro.

Reactions: TahirS and RobbieWebs
+1 on Advanced key I find it fantastic, Deffo worth holding out for

Reactions: TahirS
I spent months doing the exactl same thing including the same spec as a replacment for my B6 S4, went the new RS4 route in the end but I did realise that that spec is out there but the rarest item on your list is "Advanced Key", the rest of your list should be ok. Seems not so many S4 owners spec'd this from new, its a 400 pound option on an RS4, must be more on an S4.

I wouldn't have a car without it now ( last 3 cars have had it), its excellent although the BMW version is better, i'm hopeing there will be inprovments for the B9 version.

Please note that "Advanced key" is not a retro fit item, not without high cost and a lot of agro.

I heard on the BMW you store stereo, seat and mirror positions, that's pretty handy if anyone else drives your car but my wife won't go near anything but her wee a class (parking issues lol). I just find it handy to get in and go rather than fidget with keys.

My wife and I have loved "advanced Key" or "comfot key".

Audi:
Seat position
Mirror Position

BMW:
Seat Position
Mirror position
Steering colum position
Audio settigs inc. source, tone control
Navigation settings (2D/3D maps, audio on/off etc.)
A/C settings
Custom button settings ( dash and sterring wheel)

The BMW version is far more advanced and I hope AUdi have taken not for the B9 and new Q7.

Reactions: TahirS and RobbieWebs
I've been looking for a little while now and the sticking point is a manual box, I'm not giving in but it would be so much easier since the s tropic cars seem to be more readily available in all specs. Manuals are often too basic. I've asked a few traders to shop around for me so let's see what happens....

Hi TahirS
May i ask, why so keen on Manual? (sorry if I’ve missed this somewhere)
Is it for tuning or you just prefer driving manual – I guess you’ve test drove an S-tronic?
As you’re discovering the hunt for a manual really limits your options and choices.
Also I’m sure I’ve read somewhere on here that the early B8 manuals have a lot higher road tax bands.
Anyways hope you find what you want, great car!

Hi TahirS
May i ask, why so keen on Manual? (sorry if I’ve missed this somewhere)
Is it for tuning or you just prefer driving manual – I guess you’ve test drove an S-tronic?
As you’re discovering the hunt for a manual really limits your options and choices.
Also I’m sure I’ve read somewhere on here that the early B8 manuals have a lot higher road tax bands.
Anyways hope you find what you want, great car!
Keep I've had Audi fast autos in the past and I find their boxes can't cope, ask anyone who's had a a3 dsg or c5 rs6 and they'll write you a book. This is made worse by Audis lack of involvement when these faults occur, they just ask as though they are isolated incidents when a quick google search will prove otherwise. I enjoy manual driving but I do prefer autos for the ease esp with paddles. Manuals are hard to come by but I've found a good spec model now and I think I might get down to do the deed this weekend... I just need to say dynamic mode is what I call crisp!

Reactions: Keef
Yay. The day has come. I bought a manual s4. power is so useable in all gears.

I got a stolen recovered car and I know it's not for everyone's tast but it's the best spec manual I could find and I got a sweet price

Phantom black
Privacy glass
19" segment wheels
Avant
Ads
Sports diff
Super sports seats
Sat nav
Dab
Through load ski...
Advanced key
B & O
Full history
With 43k on the clock.
Even has a full size spare worth £750 at the Audi

Better spec than I eected with e manual box and Los of new parts, like clutch slave cylinder and intercoolers, it's just out of a 5 year warranty so I think I'm gonna look into warranties but Im not sure how that will work with an MRC stage 2 that I'm planning (or should I say saving up for)

Thank you so much for your help and I will share some pics once it's clean. ITs got plenty of scratches on it at the moment so Im Getting a full paint job on it, oem paint job doesn't look best anyway so it'll be necessary...

Hurrah for patience

Reactions: jdp1962, Bristle Hound, scotty76 and 2 others
Yay. The day has come. I bought a manual s4. power is so useable in all gears.

I got a stolen recovered car and I know it's not for everyone's tast but it's the best spec manual I could find and I got a sweet price

Phantom black
Privacy glass
19" segment wheels
Avant
Ads
Sports diff
Super sports seats
Sat nav
Dab
Through load ski...
Advanced key
B & O
Full history
With 43k on the clock.
Even has a full size spare worth £750 at the Audi

Better spec than I eected with e manual box and Los of new parts, like clutch slave cylinder and intercoolers, it's just out of a 5 year warranty so I think I'm gonna look into warranties but Im not sure how that will work with an MRC stage 2 that I'm planning (or should I say saving up for)

Thank you so much for your help and I will share some pics once it's clean. ITs got plenty of scratches on it at the moment so Im Getting a full paint job on it, oem paint job doesn't look best anyway so it'll be necessary...

Hurrah for patience
@TahirS - Pleased you got there in the end buddy :thumbs up:

Looking foreword to the pics :thumbs up:

If your car has Advanced key (or anything similar going by a different name) this thread may make scary reading ... :3sadwalk:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/advance-key-easy-theft.224764/

Reactions: TahirS
Reactions: Bristle Hound