Want to make some changes to my S3... H&A please?

elgan

Reaction score
I have now owned my 2007 8P S3 a year. Its in metallic grey with rs4 buckets, dvd sat nav, arm rest, flat bottom steering wheel etc.

Was a standard 1 owner car when i bought it, besides a steinbauer tuning box.

Since ive owned it i have fitted an uprated mechanical fuel pump. cant remember the make, but it was expensive!

This is the longest ive ever stuck with one car. And ive now come to the point, where there is nothing within reach that i would like to change to. So I now fancy making a few changes, and keeping the S3 longer again.

A list i had in mind, would be uprated clutch, turbo back exhaust, air intake, remove steinbauer and go for a revo 2+?

What kind of power can be expected from this level of tune?

Any pointers on the best kit available now? is miltek turbo back still king? what clutch kits, and do people change the dmf too?

Id like to lower the car, but i really do not want to compromise on the comfort too much. How do lowered S3's on std shocks ride on H&R, or Eibach springs, or similar?

I wouldnt mind making a few visual changes to the exterior, but i dont think theres much i could do? A change of wheels possibly? i like the new rs6, but i dont know what it would be like to drive on 19s. I did like the bbs wheels on my previous edition 30 golf too.

Does anyone know if i can connect my phone to the std dvd sat nav stereo through blue tooth WITHOUT a cradle in the armrest? Im really struggling with that, and also how to activate the TV function?

Just generally looking at things to change to improve the car, and prolong my love for it. Id rather throw a bit of money at it to keep my interest and hang onto it longer. At this stage it ticks all the boxes for what i need in my best car.

Bluetooth and the cradle are separate "modules", the bluetooth thing goes under the passenger seat. TV function needs a TV aerial and some re-coding of the RNS-E... talk to member Nigel - NHN - about sorting any and all electronic issues, he can source and fit all the necessary parts too.

Handling wise, anti-roll bars with sort the under-steer that all Audis seem to suffer from (even S3s).

im guessing from your reply, that my car wont have a bluetooth connection as standard?

No, it wasn't standard, but not having the arm-rest thing doesn't mean you don't have bluetooth. If you've been having problems connecting for a year, chances are that you don't though. I'm not at home, so can't go out and see if there's any way of telling for sure if you have it or not. Try searching while you start the car, or maybe go rooting through the RNS-E menus for bluetooth. When it's connected, there's a little icon and signal bar at the bottom of the nav screen, but I don't know if the symbol changes when not connected or if it just goes away.

ive got an arm rest. just not bought a cradle. ive managed to get into bluetooth screen on the stereo (green menu shows). but cant make a connection to the phone, tried searching for the car but no joy. thought perhaps there was a trick to it, where the car had to be off with the ignition on and handbrake up for example. im due a phone upgrade now, i think ill buy a cradle to suit my new phone if adding bluetooth alone means more cost.

I think it's only visible when you first start the car, ie start searching and then turn the car on. If you can get to the bluetooth screen, I'd assume you have it fitted... could be wrong though.