1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to get an A4 for around 30G's? Help?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by b_schulz, Jun 5, 2003.

1. b_schulz

b_schulz New Member

[Jun 5, 2003]
    Fist off hello, this is my first post! I'm been thinking about getting an Audi but am just starting my search. I want to spend no more than 30G's (as this is kinda my first new car) I'm riding a motorcycle now but need a car for those days when I don't want to ride my moto. I was looking into the 1.8T but don't know much about it. Want a manual transmission I think. But then dont' know much about that special auto/manual transmission the audi's have. I guess I'm just asking for any kinda tips or suggestions on things I should look for, what's good what's not, best deals I can get for that amount of money etc. I live in San Francisco. The sporty'r the better. Anyways, anything will help. Thanks so much. Now I'm gonna browse around the forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I guess I should also note that I was looking into CooperS's and Golf GTI's. Dunno where my money's gonna go but the Audi is my first choice.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 6, 2003]
    Well for $30k, i would have thought u could pick up a 1998/99 S4?? Would be the best choice out of the B5 series A4... 265bhp 2.7 V6 Bi-Turbo... Huge tuning potential, QUattro 4wd, 6speed manual gearbox, generally a lovely car.
    If not, then a 1.8T quattro would be good!

Rich
  4. Patrick

Patrick Member

[Jun 12, 2003]
    Can't advise on the US prices of Audi since this is predominatly a UK web site - although there are many folks on here from all over the world and the cars are generally the same the world over.

Try this excelent US site http://www.audiworld.com/

Having said that, you'll get plenty of info on here about the various Audis avail.

Good luck and feel free to post any questions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif