1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to buy an Haldex Controller but...

Aviry May 3, 2013

1. Aviry

Aviry Member

im not sure which haldex i have.
    the part number on it starts with 1k0, so that is a gen2? gen4? which controller should i buy? and also what is the difference between the borg warner one and the HPA one?

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  2. davc

davc Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi S3 quattro s tronic saloon

The Gen 4 system was introduced at MY09. If your car is the facelifted model then you have it.

I haven't heard of the Borg Warner one but I've heard the HPA controller was developed in conjunction with Haldex so can't help you on that one I'nm afraid.

3. shariain

shariain Well-Known Member

You have a gen 2 controller on your haldex depending on your year. The 2 you mentioned are aftermarket performance parts. They give different characteristics in operations in terms of differential split might be 50/50 also the split reaction time might be less.

4. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi S3 DSG

The HPA one is the one that I know.

Quite honestly,until you've done the suspension,ARBs and bushes,and added an anti lift kit,I wouldnt bother with the Haldex.