1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

want some noise

curtis11 Nov 23, 2004

1. curtis11

curtis11 Member

does an induction kit make much difference in noise to the 1.8t,
    any one know of any video clips so i can hear what its like.
    and i know it may b bad for the maf and it wont give more power, but i want noise damn it.

I would give anything for a noise like my old vr6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

2. Danielson

Danielson Member

mine makes a nice deep roar, check my recent posts 4 a pic, bmc carbon dynamic airbox, also the noise the recurc valve makes is ace, u hear it through the bmc..

3. curtis11

curtis11 Member

yea but does it make a big difference or do you have to turn your radio off to hear the note

4. Danielson

Danielson Member

it makes enough noise to hear with music on, not full pelt, if u are after noise, go with an open cone filter

5. King_D

King_D New Member

An open cone does make alot of noise. I run a BOV so i dont hear much besides that.

6. PaulJC84

PaulJC84 Owner

Is that your engine bay above? Looks pretty tasty!! If so where did you get all the bits from?

7. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

Soupie how much did you end up paying for exhaust system if you dont mind me asking?

8. PaulJC84

PaulJC84 Owner

No I don’t mind at all, if you don’t ask you don’t get!
    It cost just over £150.

However this was only for the system (From down pipe) as I have a Supersprint cat replacement and supplied my own back box which is a superb one and was on my old car.

This means that you can use any back box you want mine was meant for Evo's, Subaru’s etc.

The place I got mine done at is better than Powerflow because when Powerflow bend the pipes they crease then so a 2.5inch system is not 2.5inches all the way through. You know what they sat every inch counts!!

9. King_D

King_D New Member

mine. I just got out some sand paper and sanded the cover, the coolant tank and everything else plastic. primed it and painted it. I used "Rustoleum Chrome" spray paint and the i used a spray paint clear coat. Then just take any metal peices you want chromed down to a custom wheel shop. they will know where you can get it chromed