1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want A6 - Recommendations Please

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by mattyn, Jul 14, 2011.

1. mattyn

mattyn Member

Hi All

Seems a great forum - joined yesterday and have a read through some what seems useful info.

Am moving over from a BMW 5 Series - just waiting for cash to be finalised. I have three kids, who with me all p;lay golf. we need space so am thinking of the Avant, though how useful for golf clubs is the Saloon?

Also am thinking along the lines of a 3.0 or 2.7 TDI - and definitely want the S Line or Le Mans.

I am looking to spend about 14K, and if I can avoid the Audi approved, to get a newer car.

Apart from the Car tax issue (some @ £400, some at £260 pa) is there anything to really watch out for around that sort of age (I am assuming 06 onwards for that money).

Will I really be disappointed if I get a 2.0l TDi?

Oh and I want the Quattro too!!!!!!

Thakns in advance

Matt
  2. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

No 2.0 tdi was available in quattro so you need to go for 2.7 or 3.0 tdi...
  3. A6UYC

A6UYC milf

Hi - We have a 2.0 tdi Auto A6 S line 2006 an it's a great car. Yes the 2.0 is a little slow but it's OK.
    Just check that the car you buy has had the extra bits done when serviced like gearbox oil and timing belt. Mine has an problem with rear light clusters misting and not clearing. Also check that the refurb of the wheels had been done properly as they will have been kerbed many times and check that the tyres have not been knicked as they are easy to do with those alloys.
    A very good choose and coming from a 5 series BMW you will not be disappointed.
  4. crispin

crispin Member

I have 3.0TDI quattro S line and I love it. 06 model 70,000 miles sat nav LED rear lights, leather, phone etc and it cost me £13,000.00. great economy and pulls like a train. If you want Le mans you will not get this model unless mega miles. Any questions please ask and I'll be happy to help.
  5. mattyn

mattyn Member

Hi Crispin

How used is the middle rear seat - the ones I have looked at seems very uncomfortable, especially on the back rest.

Thoughts?

Matt
  6. Firgman

Firgman New Member

Hello all. I have the A6 2008 2.7TDI V6 and am very happy with it. I picked it up at main dealer for 15500 six months back. As I sent it in for warranty work a few months back I was given the new model A6 for a week as courtesy car. I was not looking forward to this as I thought I would then be disappointed when I got back into my A6 but the opposite was the case I prefer the inside of mine (although there isn't of course much of a difference) but the engine on the courtesy A6 was the 4 cylinder 2.0TDI. The engine was good Im not saying it wasn't but I very much prefer my 2.7 V6 - it was noticeably smoother and a lot quieter especially upon acceleration but the larger engine was so much better suited to this larger car whereas the 2.0TDI did feel as though it was constantly working as hard as possible to get the car to the speed you wanted.

On another note, I too have had the same issue A6UYC with my rear light clusters - I sent my A6 back to dealer to check this out along with a few other under warranty issues and was told that they 'seemed fine' and there was 'nothing they could do' and yet since then for the last few months they have been perfectly fine. Possibly just a strange coincidence.......