1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waiting is a Pisser

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by GlasgowRangers, Jan 16, 2008.

1. GlasgowRangers

GlasgowRangers GlasgowRangersFC

Who else is waiting or had to wait for their A3. I got a phone call yesterday saying that the car had left port in Italy bound for Istanbul. It should be with me around 10 days later. This is doing my nut in. I HATE waiting.

I WANT MY NEW MOTOR
  2. Matt

Matt Active Member

Yeah its not good having to wait! Day you pick it up is :)
  3. odnet

odnet newbie

yep... not only am i waiting for my new s3, and have been for some time, i'm now waiting on an email from my dealer with a potential delivery date!!... you would have thought after giving them over £30k's worth of business an email wouldn't be too out of the question!??? i have no idea if i'm getting it this month or have to wait till march the 1st!!.....
  4. Kontraband

Kontraband Active Member

ha... 10 days... I gotta wait till March :scared2: Im like an addict to AudiTV and ASNet
  5. GARTHY

GARTHY Member

I hate waiting but now decided to wait for the 08 plate, its only 6ish weeks away.
  6. GlasgowRangers

Christ I thought I was bad.
  7. boggysv

boggysv Member

same here! They didnt even inform me when mine got delayed.
  8. odnet

odnet newbie

don't!! ....i'm trying my hardest not to get annoyed about it!!! :tapedshut:
  9. rich32uk

rich32uk Member

Had to wait wait 4 months for mine.........:faint:

Well worth the wait though :hubbahubba:
  10. emzino

emzino Active Member

You getting the 1.8TFSI or 1.4TFSI GlawgowRangers
  11. GlasgowRangers

1.8TFSi although I'm kind of wishing I'd selected the 1.4 now as I feel it's plenty.

Let's not open up that can of worms again though or the anti-petrol mob will be at my door.
  12. markwiggy

markwiggy Third Gear

Appears some dealers keep you informed, some don't. I have had to hound the dealers for info in the past.
    Surely there must be a way the dealer could give you a code or login so you could track your vehicles progress on line from the moment they begin building the car until the day it arrives at the dealership, hardly rocket science.

Mark
  13. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

Try having the car sitting there in the garage, taunting you.
    But you can't get it because bean counters don't want to pay two lease amounts for a month or two...
  14. markwiggy

markwiggy Third Gear

Ah ! but thats why they have got lots of beans.

Mark
  15. Kontraband

Kontraband Active Member

my dealer has been the opposite... he rang me last week to tell me exactly what was going on and where on the line my car was (annoyingly not anywhere near close enough :whistle2: )... moving from the darkside to Audi, its a refreshing change as I had to chase BMW all the other times Ive placed orders, the Audi call almost shocked me!
  16. TFSI

TFSI Born to Fish

Same here had a call from my dealer a week ago to tell me mines in build the first week of February. Hopefully will be here for March.:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  17. emzino

emzino Active Member

Lol oh c'mon we ain't that bad :friends:

Ah don't worry yourself mate, a simple remap should reassure you of your decision but worse comes to worse... can you swap it over?
  18. GlasgowRangers

Cheers mate. By the way, are there remaps available for the new generation of TFSi engines? If so, you really seriously recommend getting one? Let me know...
  19. GlasgowRangers

Ya dancer!! Just off the phone to these trumpets in the Audi garage in Istanbul and they have assured me that the car will be here withing the week!!!!!!! On ye go!!
  20. vanaaken

vanaaken Member

I've ordered the 1.4 TFSi Sport Sportback as a company car, as the 1.8 TFSi was £500 over my limit and 1 CO2 over the comapny limit of 175, was so frustrating as I thought they would let me have it! Would of gone for the 170BHP diesel but could only afford the basic one and with only £1000 allowed for extras that doesn't go far on the bottom model.

Looking forwrd to the 1.4 though feels zippy enough and fingers crossed they will bring out a remap to bring it up near the 1.8 TFSi. Was hoping the engine was the same as the VW one as they have got that up to 170BHP but thats both TC and SC where as the Audi is just TC.

Have ordered mine with the 18" Alloys and Bose sound system, speaking of which do they just upgrade the exsisting speakers and add an amp or do I get a few more speakers added in, I know in the A6 they add a sub but I'm guessing theres no where to add one on an A3!

I have to wait til end of March for mine its driving me nuts as I've got a Pug 407 SW 1.6 HDi which is just...... well putting it nicely poo!

Cheers

Mark
  21. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Revo all the way
  22. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

Been waiting since last april for me. Getting built next monday and picking it up March 1st 08 plate. It'll be worth the wait, trust me.
  23. boggysv

boggysv Member

Thanks.

I called my dealer up today, asking if they have a delivery date. The guy said he needs to talk to some guy at audi uk to confirm, and will call me back. Never did.

FVCKNG TITS!:motz:
  24. GlasgowRangers

Yes the dealers are all a bunch of bottons. Don't think that it only applies to the U.K. though. I have had to chase up these guys here in Turkey and they are a bunch of halfwits. Try talking to a Turk with broken English. Enough to send you mental.

On a very positive note, I take delivery on Friday!! Can't wait.