W3STY's Progress Thread

What colour S3 Avus for the Track?

• Porsche Guards Red

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • Kawasaki Green

Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters
Not really an update as such but some strange car happenings last night!

I've moved house and have been commuting 100 miles a day in the S3. The good news is the DP seems to be holding up well but the bad news is I think my WMI kit had a little syphoning issue again last night.

After my 50 mile drive into work I left the car parked for 14 hours while I was at work then went to Ace Cafe in Tam's car. Returned to my car at 10pm and started it up. Loads of smoke from my exhaust which I get on cold days or when there's water in my FMIC hoses. I went to pull away and the car was missing like a coil pack had gone! Stopped and scanned the car, no faults found :think:

I tried to drive off again and the car bogged right down and the turbo was boosting over 10psi as I was crawling! There was a huge amount of white smoke/steam coming from the exhaust and I was certain that this was the symptoms of the WMI syphoning into the intercooler pipes again (this is my 2nd AEM nozzle).

I jumped out the car and disconnected the WMI pump and tried to drive away. Fine! Smoke gone, car running fine, very strange.

When I got home (50 miles without a problem) I took note of the water/meth level in the tank so I could check if it had gone down over night. This morning I checked it and it looked like it might have gone down very very slightly but I had no running issues.

So, god knows what happened last night but I'll need to take the bumper off and check the AEM nozzle to see if it's syphoning again. IF it is then I'll have to get ANOTHER replacement or think about a nozzle from another company like Devils Own, or I could use an inline check valve.

Inline solonoid valve would be an option... as would a working check valve of course :)

<tuffty/>

dont *** use devils own... total shyte..
use their solenoid perhaps to isolate the line just before the nozzle with ign off, but thats all I would ever use from a DO kit.

aquamist is what you need for WI
their pumps were V.expensive, and the 1st system I used was one of theirs.. basic 1s, pressure switch driven.. until the pump seized some 18months later, and the new one was very expensive, to the point I bought a complete snow performance stage 2 progressive kit for the price of just their pump.

not sure what their prices are these days.. interestingly I see their product range is now completely different, and looks like it uses the same sureflow type pump as everyone else.. lol

no, its just what used to use years ago before got into hondas.. and seemed to work well, back into the VAG again now though ..

New home for the S3 to live in ;)

6db1238b.jpg

78cdfe54-1.jpg

192bcc37.jpg

c3c2c200.jpg

6cf73faa.jpg

Moved in last week and only just got time to clear some of the moving boxes out the garage and sweep the floor. Going to make this an epic car workshop :yahoo:

That's lovely mate, are you by any chance massively excited about the prospect of having a workshop? :yahoo:

I'm in the same boat, in exactly 4 weeks me and the wife are moving into here:

garage.jpg

I can honestly say that i've never been as excited about anything else, in the world, ever...ever :yahoo:

I'll be watching this thread closely to see how you deck it out!

Dave that gaff looks beautiful mate :faint:

The house me and the girlfriend have just bought is our first house so we've so excited. I've got plans for my garage but the house decorating comes first unfortunately. I'm just glad to have my own garage as my dad used to moan every time I used his double.

Oh sod the decorating, it'll give the missus something to do :sly: Obviously I'll say this on the internet, but I'll prob end up doing the decorating in our house!

Thanks for the comments on the new gaff, it's been a long time coming, been saving for about 5 years.

When you get your first break from the chores, get a pic of the S3 with it just slightly pointing its nose out of its new home.....

Oh sod the decorating, it'll give the missus something to do :sly: Obviously I'll say this on the internet, but I'll prob end up doing the decorating in our house!

Thanks for the comments on the new gaff, it's been a long time coming, been saving for about 5 years.

When you get your first break from the chores, get a pic of the S3 with it just slightly pointing its nose out of its new home.....

I'll get a pic tonight as it'll be the first time the car will be parked in the garage. I don't think the previous house owners ever used the garage properly as I had to dig out all the shingle on the driveway to allow the oldschool barn doors to open!

I've got big plans for the whole front garden. Want a bricked driveway and a lawn as it's just all shingle at the moment and I hate that stuff.

I'll look forward to some pics of your place when you move :thumbsup:

Get some nice fresh paint on the garage floor.
House looks nice. Will this blog become a house blog too?

Fitted my milltek today. Wasn't too difficult to fit but was quite time consuming. It looks and sound lovely but I only fired it up in the garage to see if it was blowing or not. Will see how it is tomorrow on my way to work. Only got these 2 poor pics:

d8f58a2b.jpg

ea612834.jpg

b1169afd.jpg

Just caught up on this thread, good progress dude!

i never had any problems with my aem WMI kit at all (apart from regularly using all of the reservoir at least twice a week) so much so I have it to go in the rs4 lol

Just caught up on this thread, good progress dude!

i never had any problems with my aem WMI kit at all (apart from regularly using all of the reservoir at least twice a week) so much so I have it to go in the rs4 lol

Cheers bud. I never got time to check my wmi nozzle over yesterday due to the footy at 5. I did take it apart and inspect it but couldn't find anything dodgy except a few marks on the actual piston part of the nozzle:

c06f5a13.jpg

d0111ec7.jpg

I've ha the tank syphon twice in a week an I can't take the risk any more so I'm going to get another new nozzle from aem and run it alongside an additional check valve.

Loving the Miltek. Done 100 miles today and it started off quite smokey this morning for 10 miles but once it had burnt off it was fine. Lovely noise on full boost, been reving right to the redline to enjoy the sound. Car feels smoother and I dont have any hesitation like I did before, the OEM exhaust must have been restricting the flow somewhere. The Miltek is also quieter on idle then the OEM exhaust, I get some lovely pops and bangs on coast down. Very happy :)

Im in for that let me just swap my can back over instead of the Jetex and i`ll put you all to shame lol.

When I get my decatted downpipe fitted, I wouldn't mind joining in as well :rockwoot:

Mine does sound good with tubular mani, 3" DP, the de cat :racer:

I don't have the mani, although i could get the stock one ported, but not exactly sure if that will make a lot of odds, and mine will be 3" zorst all the way through :racer:

Why do you have the 2.5" section in yours mate? Surely you want 3" to 2.75"?!

I don't have the mani, although i could get the stock one ported, but not exactly sure if that will make a lot of odds, and mine will be 3" zorst all the way through :racer:

Why do you have the 2.5" section in yours mate? Surely you want 3" to 2.75"?!

The XS decat pipe goes down to 2.5" to fit the OEM cat back. It's only about 4-5" long so wont make much difference. I'd have to get a piece of 2.75" welded on if I cared that much.

The XS decat pipe goes down to 2.5" to fit the OEM cat back. It's only about 4-5" long so wont make much difference. I'd have to get a piece of 2.75" welded on if I cared that much.

the 2.25'' section 6'' long in my old system on the daily caused a noticeable colour change and hotspot in the exhaust :(

Chop the pipe before it reduces down to 2.5 so it stays 2.75 and just get a length of 2.75 and sleeve it both ends instead of having it welded up. Pikey it up!

Chop the pipe before it reduces down to 2.5 so it stays 2.75 and just get a length of 2.75 and sleeve it both ends instead of having it welded up. Pikey it up!

I was just about to suggest something very similar.

Wouldn't be the first time Fred had gone down the route of a pikey. :cheers: