VXR8 Spotted in Edinburgh

Bayzoo

Glovebox Demon
Reaction score
Thought I'd treat myself to a McDonalds milkshake while the Mrs goes shopping, expecting to be greeted by the usual McDonalds car lot in their Corsa's, Golf GTI only to be greeted by an almighty 6L V8; I have never heard anything like it... the guy decided to floor it off the roundabout and it just about shattered windows... absolute beast!

As curious as I am I go straight onto Autotrader to have a browse and see that an RS3 would still top this off the line even though it's less than half the displacement of the VXR8... and it's only 430 BHP which I would have I expected it to be more being such a large engine. I'm not from a mechanical or engineering background so I stand to be corrected.

Even so, the sound alone was something else... definitely a treat to witness!

I used to own the 2 door coupe version of the VXR8 called a Monaro. I had mine "slightly" modified too. Very charismatic cars which burrow deep into your heart and soul. My S3 doesn't come close by comparison but overall it is the far better car. Regret selling the 'Ro but it wasn't sensible to keep it.

The best part of owning a HSV / Holden is the fellow owners. Had some amazing holidays is Scotland where 20 plus VXR8's and Monaro's were present. That was a sight to behold!

The peak power isn't the impressive thing, it's the wall of torque ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ghost and Bayzoo
Yeah I can imagine these cars aren't used as dailys.

So when you say 'wall of torque' that pretty much means you have a relatively even distribution of high torque across the rev bands? Certainly compared to our little 4 pots!