1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VXR Trackday at Croft..pics n stuff

Discussion in 'Major UK Events' started by voorhees, Jul 20, 2009.

1. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

VXR Trackday

Wednesday 15th July at Croft,North Yorkshire

Timetable
    13.00 Welcome
    13.15 Track Briefing
    13.30 Track Activity
    15.15 VXR Experiance
    17.00 Close

The welcome included a buffet lunch with a range of different drinks which were readily available throughout the day free of charge.
    After the briefing we were given sighting laps by the instructor which mine was a freelance driving instructor who was a BTCC driver but was waiting for sponsors/funds.

the cars
    VXR Corsa-192 PS 170 lbs/ft 0-60 6.8 secs
    [​IMG]

VXR Astra-240 PS 236 lbs/ft 0-60 6.2 secs
    [​IMG]

VXR Zafira-240 PS 236 lbs/ft 0-60 7.2 secs
    [​IMG]

SRI Insignia-260 PS 280 lbs/ft 0-60 7.2 secs
    no pic ;)

VXR8- 431 PS 405 lbs/ft 0-60 4.9 secs
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The trackday has a 'bus-stop' system where people just wait at the sign and takeover when the driver has finished his three laps,there was 28 cars and 30 people,a car taking people for a telemetry laps was there so you could get a readout ( I didn't ) also a fast few laps with BTCC Driver Andrew Jordan ( I also didn't )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    started to rain a wee bit but not much
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    After the track we did a pitstop wheel change on a BTCC car and a whizz around some cones
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    In summary my thoughts on the cars...best was the Corsa as I enjoyed throwing it around the track and least impressive was the VXR8 but the instructors marked me down as good at driving that and the Insignia,probably used to driving a heavy car so it must of showed.

All in all it was a very good day and had a blast driving through the lanes trying to keep up with Jim
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  2. AuldReekie

AuldReekie Member

Great write up mate.

I am quite pleased that the money was well spent I have to say.

I have to say that despite the slagging the Corsa & Arsetra get for torque steer, on the track it did not make any noticable difference. They were a hoot to drive and very chuckable.

The BTCC guy was tearing around in the Astra steering it on the throttle mainly - very balanced and impressive.

I thought that it was a good track too, despite its swimming pool tendancies. I was watching the BTCC there a few weeks earlier and was amazed at how soden it gets, thankfully we only had 20 mins or so...which was enough to get sideways in the VXR8 :wtf:. It sounds immense, but after feeling how twitchy it is in the wet, no thanks. I am loving the picture in the peeing rain! :p

The 'warm up' ahem, was a blast too. :thumbsup:
  3. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Looks like a good day out that.

I love those Corsa VXR's :)