1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VW polo problem ......ideas please

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by 205man, Jan 17, 2010.

1. 205man

205man Active Member

[Jan 17, 2010]
    my friends vw polo has developed an annoying problem, but with the weather being rubbish and me working ive not had chance to look but though id ask for possible ideas here before i get chance.

its a 97 1 ltr polo in showroom condition she has it regular serviced and is well looked after, but has developed the folowing problem

cuts out randomly whilst driving and did it once at 30mph, but when you stop car restarts straight away and may not play up again.
    cuts out when slowing down/coming to a stop, even with clutch pedal fully down, again restarts first time and you can carry one and may not do it again.
    engine revs sometimes all over the place going up and down

any help/ideas would be much appricated as it hard to find a fault thats not there all the time.

alan
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. ian bleakley

ian bleakley New Member

[Jan 17, 2010]
    hi, sounds like the idle control valve you will have to take it to your local garage because you need to plug in to the diagnostics hope this helps
  4. Mister D

Mister D New Member

[Feb 1, 2010]
    the throttle body needs cleaned very common problem
  5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Feb 2, 2010]
    Last time i had one of these to fault find it was the crank sensor throwuing the code and causing the cut outs. Have you had it on vagcom?