VW Mk2 Golf with Audi heart!!!!

Richierich37

Reaction score
Purchased this old Golf last week and what a great wee car it is!!! Immaculate inside and out........very fast too.

Quick spec:

1992 VW Golf Gti 8v
1.8 20v KO4 Turbo
Qpang management
Switchable boost
02A Gearbox VR Gearset
Quaife LSD
Highsport Coilovers
G60 Brakes
BBS RS 15"

IMG 7533

IMG 7499

IMG 7522

The car was built in 2012 and has cover 9633 miles since it was finished. I have a few bits n bobs to do on it then just use it as a weekender. On high boost it brings a big smile to your face that a modern car can't do! Cheers.......

Reactions: SamHendry, JudderMan, davc and 1 other person
I used to have an E redg GTI 16neer matalic blue what a car still about town now !! Ill stick a pic up if i can find one when i get home.Also had a mk2 4x4 syncro Gray , mk3 Gti 16neer Dragon Green and an mk3 Gti 8v red anniversary
AndyF Team Lava

Reactions: Richierich37
20160901 221658
Found one . Three Bad Boys
AndyF Team Lava

Thanks Richierich37 yours looks a beast
AndyF

Thanks Richierich37 yours looks a beast
AndyF

Yeah it's quite a handful!!!! I also had a Mk3 that I just sold last year, pretty much stripped and rebuilt every single part on the car only to sell it on for someone else to enjoy all my hard work and money!!!!

IMG 0563

IMG 0677

IMG 0680

Planning on keeping this Mk2 though so I'll make it special!!!! Ha ha :)

Wow VR6 my all time Fav. When I bought my Green 16neer it was 2 year old , had a choice of 16neer or a white VR6 With a lot more miles on it and 4 year old plus back in the day white not very populor.
AndyF

Stunning Mk2 mate, bet it's a hoot to drive.

Stunning Mk2 mate, bet it's a hoot to drive.

Thanks Dave, indeed! The road needs to be bone dry if you plan on being heavy with the right foot!!! When it grips it really does take off....

Reactions: davc
Got the car ready for this years shows, looking sharp now......

IMG 8931

IMG 8936

The front electric Recaros have been purchased and the full interior is getting a re trim next week! First show is Dubshed over in Belfast on 8/9th April.

Reactions: SamHendry, haughtss3 and Andy F
Gorgeous thing of beauty! Had a 5 door big bumper version in the 90’s. Was superb and miles better than the mk3 GTi.