VW Corrado.

Reaction score
What you guys think of these?

Anyone had one?

RedStandard.jpg

corrado.jpg

Always wanted one.

A couple of brothers who live in my block are mad Dub heads and one of their mates has got a green one slammed on matt black Borbet A's.

Definitely sub zero.

Another of their mates has got a Polo G40 as well, slammed on 14 inch BBS's, cool.

I've always wanted one, but never got round to buying one due to silly insurance prices, definitely a cool car.

Also, am I the only person who prefers the standard body over the humped bonnet body of the VR6 version?

An overpriced, overweight Mk2/Mk3/Passat hybrid that was never all the owners thought it was.

Sure, the VR6 drove well enough...but I'm not sure it's cool...despite really one years ago.

Possibly bordering on cool at best, for me.
Drives well, looks good...but I'm just not sure that's enough to make it cool.

I think it's cool. A little bit overrated perhaps - it was always a heavy car, like the Mk3 Golf - but desirable. And a future classic as Top Gear suggested.

the thing about a corrado is, most people have no idea what it is. Those in the know, appreciate how good they actually are. Its heavy but punches way beyond is weight. 6.2-6.4 0-60 with just 190bhp, the peak power is exactly in the right place. Handling wise it's spot on for a front wheel drive, throw it onto a corner and it breaks away evenly front to rear. Its only fault is there a bit to much scrub from the rear in tight corners. The driving position is perfect, this is the biggest difference between the S3 and my corrado. Its a must drive if you get the chance, its much better than you'll ever imagine. In VR6 form sounds wonderfull too.

very nice lee!:respekt:

i was always after one but like other's said i could never afford one or the insurance! and when i could i could'nt find a nice one?

very COOL!

I got a corrado vr6, thinking about swapping for an S3. Really dont know what to do as i love my VR but want something newer.

Will i be happy or disapointed?

Lee's ^^^^^ is one of the best examples in the country! If you had a look at his thread on the Corrado forum you'd see just how much work has gone in to it, its phenomenal!! Or if you have any old PVW's you may find it.

I have to put them as sub-zero :icon_thumright:

Ive had two VR's, and my latest has a bit of a twist in the form of a 2.8 V6 24v from a Goof 4motion. Its kicking out about 234 BHP and is awesome! I have however just sold it as I fancied a change.

It must be one of the best looking vW's of all time, and the fact that it is still quick, and handles superbly in todays market is testament to the fact that, hybrid it may be, it has the best parts of what VW had at the time, and they catually got it right!

The only reason it flopped was because they overpriced it. But thats also why it is now a modern classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haAMQIy9xWU

Here's mine:

Interior.jpg

InteriorRear.jpg

Corrado015.jpg

4moengine.jpg

Cor_Rolling2.jpg

Stan 24v said:
Ive had two VR's, and my latest has a bit of a twist in the form of a 2.8 V6 24v from a Goof 4motion. Its kicking out about 234 BHP and is awesome! I have however just sold it as I fancied a change.

Stil FWD or did you go all the way and do 4motion? Was it a tough conversion with all the electronics that also need to be done?

had a vr6 corrado, with eibach brace, arb, springs, and bilsteins. I have to say it the best, tightest car I have ever owned. The steering was lovely, and you could push it very hard through corners knowing exactly how much you had left to risk it. Even if you did over-cook it you could easily get it to behave again.

The sound of the vr6 though the obligitary magnex oval sounds awesome too, even when retaining the cat.

The interior is very nic eand the boot is practical.

However! The lights were ****, and so were the wipers. They may as well not have bothered at all. The electric spoilers broke, the heater blower controls gave up and parts were rediculously expensive.

The Corrado VR6 had one fundamental flaw though, Heat. Its like a self-destruct mechanism on them.

If you've got a VR6 corrado and are thinking about an s3 - Don't. If you can live with the outdated shape of the Corrado, then keep it. You'll get way more smiles per £.

Macduff said:
Stil FWD or did you go all the way and do 4motion? Was it a tough conversion with all the electronics that also need to be done?

Still FWD mate, bit slippy in the wet :)

It was done by PSI Tuning, and its an excellent job. The electrics were a bit awkward, and the ECU needed swapping, but the only other major work was fabricating the new DBW throttle pedal, moving the front engine mount (rears were straight fit), and fabricating a new down pipe.

40 extra horses, more torque, and 70k less miles :rockwoot:

Mate has got a G60 Corrado which I always liked. Always fancied a VR one after my Mk2 valver, but needed a boot for the dogs.

I had a VR6 up until a couple of months ago, unfortunately i need a slightly more reliable car for my job so the C had to go.

Great car and got loads of positive comments whilst out and about from them in the know, but now i get that in the S3.

S3 was slower til i got the remap now its rampant.

I agree that the VR soundtrack is sorely missed, but now i have Bose whereas the corrado stereo was **** and i love my music. Driving position was the best ive experienced too.

Every petrolhead should own one at soem stage even if just for 6 months (I bet you would keep it longer that that!)

Beautiful looking cars. Never had the chance to drive one... I hope I do considering how most people 'in-the-know' rave about it!

Here's one I prepared earlier with the help of DubModder.com:

Corrado.jpg

I was going to say have a bash at http://www.dubmodder.com but it appears you now have to pay for access to the good stuff (it was all free a couple of months ago :()

They handle seriously well, even the 2.9 VR6, but i'm not a fan of the stlyeling... so I give it a:

cool

These aren't my bag my personal opinion of course :happy:

I had one for 8 years, bought as std and gradually changed it over the years, sad to see it go as they are great to drive,
Heres some pics of it :

Only cool if NOT been chav'd, and original, and the Vr6

Hi
I had one for four very exciting years. Corrado G60 in light metallic grey 'H' registration and totally standard. After having the Charger overhauled(must do) the engine sound was Awesome. Performance was pretty good as well, especially as it was standard and still returned 35+ mpg.
Best bit by far is the rear spoiler going up automatically @ approx 40mph and the brakes.
Steve
P.S.
If you haven't driven one you've surelly missed out some of the tuned G60's are pushing 200bhp+. Standard form 160bhp 165lbs/ft.:respekt:

not sure said:
I got a corrado vr6, thinking about swapping for an S3. Really dont know what to do as i love my VR but want something newer.

Will i be happy or disapointed?

I also have Corrado VR6 and I first also to swap for S3 but then I just bought the S3. Now I still have them both. Not possible to keep bouth?
They are both fun cars, though in the Audi better not wear heavy shoe; I miss descent contact feel because it. The car doesn't seem to go as well as when I wear light shoes.
For the Corrado, great car to drive, lovely sound... but after 2 hours drivinng, start get backpain. I couldn't sell it annyways..hardly gets drivin with.

Still a cool car in my eyes.

I owned this 1989 valver many years ago:

[URL="http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/mikeswagon/Corrado2.jpg"][URL="http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/mikeswagon/Corrado2.jpg"][URL="http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/mikeswagon/Corrado2.jpg"][URL="http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/mikeswagon/Corrado2.jpg"][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

[URL="http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/mikeswagon/CorradoSnow.jpg"][/URL]

Loved that car, even though I spent £££s on it. Not that fast, and it had it's faults I know. Id still have another one at the drop of a hat (just don't let on to the missus). Stupidly missed out on buying this one back on ebay last year.

So if anybody knows the whereabouts of HDZ 1525, let me know, even if it is in a scrapyard somewhere.

Mike.

I like em!
had the pleasure of driving my mates old VR6 just before it was to be sold, and the bonnet popped up about 60pmh! I **** it, and so did my passenger who wasnt long out of a bad smash in a 'charged Polo!
Luckily we were on straight dry quiet road!

finally got round to posting some pics of my toy

had it eight years come june so it must be love :)

Rob

Its a real marmite car either love it or hate it :thumbsup:

Rob

Its interesting to se how many Corrado forum members are on here :icon_thumright:

we had ours last year, had to have the g60, the fastest by far in my eyes, used to leave vr6's standing,

nothing special but was such a lovely colour, aubergiene, some of you may have seen it about in stoke on trent last year,

quick video of boosting and revving up..... quality not too good but you can see how quick it hits speed if you ignore the sound. taken on a phone......

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k206/showcarz/?action=view&current=MPG_0002-1.flv

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k206/showcarz/?action=view&current=MPG_0004.flv

Lovely cars & its one of them cars that has always eluded me. They will (still) after all these years embarrass many so called hot hatches.

I had a g60 one for a short while as a toy, actual I might have kept it for about a year.

It was ok. Pref my mkII Golf Gti to be honest.

J.

I've owned 2 Corrados' one 205BHP G60 and a stock bar induction kit VR and now own a 20vt A3 sport. The G60's are poorly geared and really not quick at all, but the VR is quite outstanding so much torque and the gear ratio's are just about perfect. I couldn't recomend one highly enough.

Owned a completely mint G60 years back, had it lowered and the charger overhauled and flowed at BRM. Managed to bend it 3 month later and it was written off.
VR6 came next, bit tatty but fit my budget and I got it nice with some tlc, Jamex kit wheel refurb etc.
Fantasic cars, probably have to own one to fully appreciate.

Nearly bought an unfinished project just 2 yrs ago to do a 18T conversion, and would still love one as a weekend toy.

Corrado rules! Fact !:racer: