VW Beetle New Style - Anyone had one

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I was looking for a cheap LHD car for the mrs until I get over to italy & I can get a cheap new style beetle, anyone had one of these, its only literally a cheapo option until I'm in italy & we decide on our new family car(hoping S3 Sportback, he crosses his legs, fingers & balls) so thought well beetle is ok for £3-4k.

Anyone?

It's a less practical Golf - if you like the looks and don't need a big boot or 4 doors then why not :shrug:

its just really a cheap car for now until we decide on what to buy, but now gotta check the Euro rating for italy as emissions over there goes by a Euro 0-4 rating & if its low down it isnt allowed in certain areas, typical italian bureaucratical ******

Wife has an 02 plate TDi. Surprisingly big, so don't be put off. Plenty of room in the boot for a weeks shopping and the 2 kids get in the back no problem. Only thing to get used to is the HUGE dash :happy:.

We've had no problems at all with it. It's shortly approaching 80k and is not a bad drive at all.

It came with the winter pack which adds the front fogs and heated seats. Only thing I did was add some alloys - got an original 16 inch set for £120, so cant complain. Euro IV diesel so tax was £120 for the year last time we taxed it and regularly get 500+ miles out of the tank.