VW & Audi Track day at Mallory Park, March 25

NBirkitt

Reaction score
Just a reminder about the Autometrix VW & Audi track day at Mallory Park on Saturday March 25

( VW & Audi Group cars only )

We've pared the price down, to £140 for full day or £80 half day

FREE entry for spectators

Club lineups / displays in the paddock, free of charge

Lunchtime parade laps for anyone with children under 16 who can't go on passenger rides during the hot laps sessions

Excellent track for first-timers, not too difficult to learn, but equally challenging for the experts to drive fast (esp Gerrards)

More info and secure online booking at www.autometrix.co.uk

or call us on 01525 750 500

See you there...!

any noise enforcement?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm hoping to go.............. see if me new brakes are any good, hopefully not the hard way.....!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be worth going, just to see you ripping the track up JPO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm hoping to go.............. see if me new brakes are any good, hopefully not the hard way.....!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be worth going, just to see you ripping the track up JPO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha......... The only thing 'ripping' will be me Y Fronts!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm not 100% on this yet, but if I make it I'll look out for you.

he'll be ripping up the hives too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyone up for a little mini-meet?

Saw 2 s3's on the track, a black one and a green one with ap brakes,couldn't find where you guys were? new rs4 sounded nice.

I was the guy with the black one. I went and had a look at your S3 but could not find you either.

I was there in a red mk4 golf!

What a great afternoon, proper cheap good fun trackday! Like they used to be about 10 years ago before everyone got anal about insurance and littigation!!

I urge you guys to go have a go at one of these Autometrix track days, cheap for half a day at 80 quid, you can get pro instruction in your own car FOC, professional photographers about too, so you can get a momento! So much more fun than RWYB days at drag strips, and probably a little easier on the car too, (although my tyres area bit shot!)

Everyone was well behaved too, no risk of getting your pride and joy clobbered by some headcase!

Well done Neil and the team sorting out such a good event, shame the numbers were a bit low, but hopefully a few more at Croft and C Combe??

I was there, Blue S4................ Did anyone see me go straight on over the grass, at the S Bend before the hairpin straight?? That was when my brakes, which went soft after only the 3rd corner of the day, finally failed!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Waiting for news from AMD on upgraded pads as we speak!

I cant wait go to the track day at castle comb, but before hand I think I will be putting on bigger brakes, H&R sway bars, and the Haldex performance controller.

Track days are a great way to find out where and what you need to tune on your car. My S3 is currently stock at the moment but not for long.

Main reason i didn't go on track is that my brakes are shot ,waiting on new discs and pads all round.

I'll have the A3 on track for the next event... New rack, ARB's will make it much more of a weapon!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
I was there, Blue S4................ Did anyone see me go straight on over the grass, at the S Bend before the hairpin straight?? That was when my brakes, which went soft after only the 3rd corner of the day, finally failed!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Waiting for news from AMD on upgraded pads as we speak!

[/ QUOTE ]

You see, the problem is you were using them!!! Dont use em, can't wear them out!!

I did not see the incident as I was n track at the time but my mate saw it!!

On Ukmk1vs, there's some video one of the guys editted up, and you are on there a few times, they get you through the Esses when you stayed on track, but not when you shot off!!
Worth a look, its quite a nicely put together piece!

JPO...

Think this is the one you're after...

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3L27P06K9DNIT3NT30S4RCMYKG

Looks like it was a good day; I'd read all the good reports over at uk-mkivs too. Maybe I'll come along to some trackdays with my next car (there's not enough poke in the current one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

simch: You're the star of the video in the red 5-door mkiv then? I notice you were proper avin' it (eyes-closed? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) around that S by the end of the day! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Regards,

Rob.

Yup the red 5 door Mk4 was me!

Most of that ( the Lake Esses stuff) was last session and it's always time for a bit of fun, (not always the quickest way round, but more fun having the odd slide!)
That video was editted in that way, as I was the only ukmkivs member there apart from Neil Birkett from VW driver! The guy editted it up that way to post it on there but i understand he has a fair bit of footage.
I will be sending my incar fotage to him also, to edit a few laps up. I have the first two sessions only from the incar, the tape ran out last session!! D'oh! We were taking ti a bit easier then, but still managed a sub 58 s lap!
A real shame the tape ran cos we had a real go at throwing it real deep into Gerrards early in that session and there was a fair bit of opposite lock, which would have loked quite nice on tape!! Also had a nice dice with that stripped out LHD ibiza!
It was a real god day, well organised, but quite relaxed, not stuffy. Half a day for soemone new to trackdays is plenty, (I was knacked after three sessions as were the tyres a bit!) Can only recommend the VW driver (autometrix days utterly). Neil and his team are very nice and you can get free tuition form the on site race shcol instructors to, in your own car...!!
Well worth the money on its own IMO!

[ QUOTE ]
JPO...

Think this is the one you're after...

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3L27P06K9DNIT3NT30S4RCMYKG

Looks like it was a good day; I'd read all the good reports over at uk-mkivs too. Maybe I'll come along to some trackdays with my next car (there's not enough poke in the current one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

simch: You're the star of the video in the red 5-door mkiv then? I notice you were proper avin' it (eyes-closed? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) around that S by the end of the day! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Regards,

Rob.

[/ QUOTE ]

THanks,,,,,,,,,,, but where and what is uk-mkivs??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

JPO...

http://www.uk-mkivs.net - The definitive resource for all things Golf Mk. IV - And a lot of others too. Very busy boards, useful to be signed up even for us Audi folks - I've been subscribed for a good while now...

Regards,

Rob.

Ditto that! Just watch the often overzealous and anal moderators!

[ QUOTE ]
JPO...

http://www.uk-mkivs.net - The definitive resource for all things Golf Mk. IV - And a lot of others too. Very busy boards, useful to be signed up even for us Audi folks - I've been subscribed for a good while now...

Regards,

Rob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but....................... errrr,,, where are the reports?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ditto that! Just watch the often overzealous and anal moderators!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think I'd last too long then!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif