VW-Audi track day at Castle Combe August 15

NBirkitt

Reaction score
Don't forget that the VW-Audi track day at Castle Combe is on Saturday August 15 this year, just a few weeks away...

Fast lapping sessions on circuit, parade laps, trade stands, Shown ’n’ Shine, club displays and line-ups in the main paddock area... Entry just £10 per adult (children FOC)

Full details at www.autometrix.co.uk or call us on 01525 750 500 ( office hours )

Don't miss it :)

Is any body going to this, I have signed up with the Club Gti forum to do a Club GTI only session on the track.
10 cars at £25 a go for 15 minutes on the track and this includes entry which is normally £10 so I think that is pretty good.
Been watching loads of You Tube videos of track day cars there, seems that Avon rise into Quarry is where things quite often go wrong.
I believe that is where @jojo had his off so I will be giving that some respect.
Anybody got any tips for a newbie track day attender at this track ? . Only done Curbrough a few times which is a small sprint track, I wouldn't normally have gone as it's a good run for me from where I live but I am on holiday down south so it's a lot closer.
I have pushed the boat out and bought a Qstarz 10hz bluetooth GPS and downloaded Harrys laptimer on the phone so hopefully have a video from this.

Karl.

Is any body going to this, I have signed up with the Club Gti forum to do a Club GTI only session on the track.
10 cars at £25 a go for 15 minutes on the track and this includes entry which is normally £10 so I think that is pretty good.
Been watching loads of You Tube videos of track day cars there, seems that Avon rise into Quarry is where things quite often go wrong.
I believe that is where @jojo had his off so I will be giving that some respect.
Anybody got any tips for a newbie track day attender at this track ? . Only done Curbrough a few times which is a small sprint track, I wouldn't normally have gone as it's a good run for me from where I live but I am on holiday down south so it's a lot closer.
I have pushed the boat out and bought a Qstarz 10hz bluetooth GPS and downloaded Harrys laptimer on the phone so hopefully have a video from this.

Karl.

I doubt I'll be going due to work commitments, but if anything changes, I will turn up to spectate Karl.

The track is quick simple mate, on your first lap, take it easy naturally, being the sighter lap. Brake early for Folly corner for beginners for sure, that's where I got the back end out in the wet! Along Avon rise, brake early, before the 2 dips. In my case, I had good enough brakes to start braking after the dips, but my rear tyres failed me I think? Which is why the back end came out when I braked!! :(

The link below is handy.

Castle Combe Tuition and Track Day :: Turn By Turn Guide Of Castle Combe Motor Racing Circuit

Reactions: desertstorm