Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tyres, any good?

blyths24

Reaction score
Hi Y'all..

I am about to upgrade my wheels on my Avant 1.8t from the 17's to a nice new pair of 18's..

Has anyone have any good feedback or comments on the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's?

I have read alot of reviews, both very mixed, some bad point like really bad tread wear and the asymmetrical pattern.

I am this close to buying a set but just seeing if anyone has any good/bad views..

Many thanks

Jack

Just re-read and spotted some quite poor grammer and spelling mistakes....

Woops

i nearly bought a set of these too!
i ended up going for goodyear eagle f1 assymetric 2 as they had the best feedback and reviews allround!
worked out a bit more than the vreds at £109 per tyre but so far so good! i have yet to get them to spin in the wet no matter how hard i try!

I have been running the Vreds on my big heavy C6 A6 Avant for about 15K miles, and I'd guesstimate they'll last me another 10 or so. I have been really happy with them... grip like the proverbial to a blanket, and very very quiet. I reckon tyre life has a big dependency on treating them right... don't drive like a tosser all the time, make sure your alignment is correct, and keep the pressures maintained, and they will last.

The thing that made me try them out was definitely the price (160-odd per corner for 19's), plus the Goodyear Assymetrics weren't available in the size/XL fitment I needed when I was shopping. I definitely like the Sessantas enough to buy them again when the time comes, although the Assymetric 2 are now available for my specs, so I am on the fence about trying them next, as pretty much all tyre tests and reviews rave about them.

I had both fronts on Sessantas and loved them. Great in both the wet & dry. Never spun the wheels. Great tyre IMHO.

A few months back i had a puncture and I went back to Dunlop Sport Maxx as that matched my spare and of course the Garage only had a similar Dunlop. Can't believe how ****e those tyres are in comparison to the Vred's. I'm just ordering up some new Sessanta's to get them back on my avant. Can't wait to leave the Dunlop crap as a spare and enjoy driving again.

I have them on my A4 Avant TDI Sport, can't fault them at all, would definately use again.

Wow, excellent feedback!

I think I will order a set today then, thanks for the advice guys!

Yeah defo can't go wrong with them, superb tyre.

I moved to.them 2 years ago and stayed with them since. Got them on my TT QS 240 all round and they are brill!

I have a set on the Lexus 220d...

It's used to batter up and down the motorways, and so far, the tyres have been good...

:thumb:

I always used to fit Vreds to my civic type R and S2000 - no negatives from my experience and good looking tread

I went through a roundabout last night at medium speed. It was dry and 7°C so no ice or anything and I felt the grip going like when FWD cars get understeer in the wet.

I won't be getting them again.

Well they have arrived....

Getting them fitted Saturday along with my new wheels, will have to take the plunge and see how I get on!

thanks for all the feedback :)

I had Vred sessantas fitted on a BMW 320d M Sport, & liked them a lot. I have Goodyear F1 Assys on my A4, & they are fabulous tyres IMO.

I went through a roundabout last night at medium speed. It was dry and 7°C so no ice or anything and I felt the grip going like when FWD cars get understeer in the wet.

I won't be getting them again.

Thats expected with certain tyres at that temperature.

So, I have had these tyres on for 3/4 days now and I can honestly say I am very happy with them, I have done a nice long motorway journey, the noise levels are very quiet, alot quiter than my previous tyres, my drive to work is through some dark woodland roads covered in wet slippery leaves, and the grip is excellent, no slip/skid/slide at all :)

Very happy, I can now say 'I reccomend the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's'