1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

votex side skirts

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Asads3, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Asads3

Asads3 New Member

Hi all. I'm new on here. Anyways.... I've now got some votex side skirts 3door and am struggling to put these on. Showed a few garages in west london and no one wants to touch them.. can anyone recommend me where to go.... or can I do it myself?
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Welcome to the site.

Pics of said skirts?
  3. Asads3

Asads3 New Member

I took of the side seals and door strip... did I just waste my time or does the skirt go there?

Attached Files:

4. Mr. B

Mr. B English...not so good

You can get genuine side skirts, for only about 220 brand new. Just buy 2x Side Skirts left and right, 2x End Caps and your current Door Bottoms and sill plates can be sanded down to fit. Did it myself, real easy plug and play. I really don't like the look of those, but hey.
  5. Dannykn9

Dannykn9 "Cruise My Ride"

They are genuine Audi parts. They are part of the votex kit which was an optional upgrade just before the s-line model was released.
    They do actually look quite decent when fitted, search my threads and although I had a sportback, you can see the complete votex kit.

Asad, yes you have done the right thing by taking the two strips off, otherwise the skirts will not fit in place. A bit fiddly but they will go, masking tape to hold things in place, and I would give at least 48hrs for the glue to set of properly especially in this weather.
  6. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Yeah they look ok to fit, same basic fitment as S3 ones & as you've rightly done & been advised, remove the extterior trims to fit these in place but make sure you clean of any old residue from old trims before fitting or wont it flush & as Dan says mask tape them after fixing with sikaflex or the like & leave to cure for 24/48 hours.
  7. Mr. B

Mr. B English...not so good

Ok fair enough, but since he's make an S3 replica but the looks of it, I thought S3 sideskirt might look a bit better, rather than mix and matching body panels.
  8. Dannykn9

Dannykn9 "Cruise My Ride"

oh ok, didn't realise he was doing an S3 rep. I see your point now fella.
  9. Asads3

Asads3 New Member

Guys i get what your saying. Spoke to Audi west london they want £450 for the pair. i got these for £95 at my door... So back to the point of fitting, are these glued on and screws either end? what about the clips?