Votex Body Kit

d3fy

Reaction score
Website
d3fy.co.uk
All this talk about the new sline kits makes me want one!

So I called Audi Sheffield and just for the rear, front and side skirts fitted it will be £1800. No freaking way am I paying this.

Any one else bought the votex kit after the fact and got it fitted, how much did you end up paying? Can the kit be bought direct from VAG parts et al?

Thanks

Votex isn't the same as the S-line kit.

I had my Votex fitted through Sheffield Audi, they don't even do it themselves, it gets sent to Chesterfield I think.

Initially they quoted me some stupid price like £2200 or £2400, however after I gave them a quote I had from Doncaster Audi which was £1750 they would match it.

Sheffield and Doncaster are even part of the same group, Gilder Audi.

Yup - Sheffield don't have a body centre so they farm it out to Gilders VW in Chesterfield or Hillsborough. It still stands that I am F*cking not paying £1800

[ QUOTE ]
Yup - Sheffield don't have a body centre so they farm it out to Gilders VW in Chesterfield or Hillsborough. It still stands that I am F*cking not paying £1800

[/ QUOTE ]

So why not call Doncaster or Chesterfield, get a quote from them and then call Sheffield again?

because I guess they will not be a million miles away on price, I will, but I was hoping to get it closer to a grand than two

[ QUOTE ]
because I guess they will not be a million miles away on price, I will, but I was hoping to get it closer to a grand than two

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll never know until you call?? My quote was half a grand cheaper, I don't see why you're any different than me?

Well could be worse Eeef you could need the entire kit, you only need the front lip?

PS. you need to update your sig to part Votex Body kit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Git.

Just been to Audi to get the prices for the parts....

Foglight - £63.42 + vat
Front lower grille - £41.04 + vat
Side grill - £17.06 + vat
Votex front spoiler £250 inc vat

Ouch.

Grills and fog light I can replace myself, but there's no getting round the front spoiler. (Which if someones quick I just left on the M27 at Port Solent....whoops)

[ QUOTE ]
All this talk about the new sline kits makes me want one!

So I called Audi Sheffield and just for the rear, front and side skirts fitted it will be £1800. No freaking way am I paying this.

Any one else bought the votex kit after the fact and got it fitted, how much did you end up paying? Can the kit be bought direct from VAG parts et al?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

why not price up the body kit from audi,then get a quote from a good body shop to paint and fit it,if audi farm it out,they will put on a fair bit more for themselfs

How do you pick a good body shop? Its not something I really know about, if some one said blah, blah Sheffield then I might.

Watch out for the labour rates that they are trying to charge you. Most independent bodyshops should be charging around £24-£28 an hour. Id imagine the dealers will charge a lot more, but the service might not necessarily be better. An independent should be able to match the colour etc ok providing you choose a good one. They may also be able to supply the kit themselves if they have an account with Audi. I think we can get our hands on one, Im thinking about adding it to my A3 but I cant decide!

I have no complaints about the fitting of my Votex kit. I don't see your problem d3fy. Call Chesterfield Audi, get your quote, Call Sheffield tell them "Chesterfield quoted me XXX" and they'll match it. Considering the same place does the work any way they can hardly refuse..

I looked at my notes I made when I price it mine, Cheapest quote I got was from Portsmouth Audi £1700, Chesterfield were £1750, Doncaster £1800, Leeds £2000, Sheffield was £2200.

I cannot imagine paying anything like the £1700 on offer. Are some of you totally insane?

Mark, I ain't paying no £1500 quid for it! A grand tops, so I will call them and get some prices for just the kit.

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot imagine paying anything like the £1700 on offer. Are some of you totally insane?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the going rate for the full kit. If you were to get quotes for it today, I don't think you'd get it much cheaper than that.