1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Votex Body Kit Problems

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Boyakasha, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Boyakasha

Boyakasha Member

[Jan 23, 2006]

Only had my car 3 months and one of the side skirts has come loose at the front.

When I took it into my local dealer they told me it was not an Audi body kit, but the dealer I bought it from said it was. So who is talking cr@p.

The local dealer said there are no brackets at the front to hold it on and I noticed on the other side it just seems to be stuck in place with this black type glue.

Anyone know if this is an official Audi Kit and should there be a fixing kit for it?

Marc
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 23, 2014]

3. Cupramax

Cupramax Uber pimp meister

[Jan 23, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]

Anyone know if this is an official Audi Kit and should there be a fixing kit for it?

Marc

[/ QUOTE ]

A photo might be helpfull otherwise our psychic powers may struggle s little... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Most body kits glue on these days.
  4. johnmv55

johnmv55 Member

[Jan 23, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]

Only had my car 3 months and one of the side skirts has come loose at the front.

When I took it into my local dealer they told me it was not an Audi body kit, but the dealer I bought it from said it was. So who is talking cr@p.

The local dealer said there are no brackets at the front to hold it on and I noticed on the other side it just seems to be stuck in place with this black type glue.

Marc

[/ QUOTE ]

Cupramax is dead right, they all "bond" on, we have just fitted a full Magnum bodykit to a Porsche Cayanne, everything bonded on, sills, door bottoms, rear bumper extension etc, must have been bonded wrong, they also bond front wings on these days.....
  5. Boyakasha

Boyakasha Member

[Jan 23, 2006]
    Looks like it should just be bonded then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  6. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Jan 23, 2006]
    This happened to mine....twice.

Not all of the kit is bonded, front and rear also have fixings.

The side sills are indeed bonded and mine were apparently warped? They used a super-duper bonder the second time (not the one supplied with the kit) and they still poped.

In the end I had 3 of 4 corners loose before the sills were replaced.

Still attached at the moment
  7. Boyakasha

Boyakasha Member

[Jan 23, 2006]

Eeef thanks for that, do you know if this is an official bodykit from Audi?
  8. Cupramax

Cupramax Uber pimp meister

[Jan 23, 2006]
    If it is Votex its a dealer fit accessory. Probably sufficient for Audi themselves to go all teflon... but if its was fitted from new it should be under warranty. You may have to take it to the selling dealer though.
  9. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Jan 23, 2006]
    If what is? I can't see anything?

If it's the same as mine it's shown in the official Audi A3 accesory book. I'd say that makes it pretty much official.

It is, however, dealer fit, rather than factory, but if they try any funny business, bend your sales guy over his desk, and jam it up him tell it makes his eyes bulge.
  10. tinka

tinka Guest

[Jan 23, 2006]
    i agree with Eeef,
    also how can they say its not an audi kit,they may not make the kit,but its audi approved and they have an official accessories book with it it,hence its covered by a warranty,

sounds like a typical dealer cop out to me
  11. Boyakasha

Boyakasha Member

[Jan 23, 2006]

Don't think they will have a problem with fixing it FOC, so far they have been pretty good even though I never bought the car from them. If anything they will claim it back from the other dealer like they did when I needed a couple of things sorted.