1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

volvo ecu reprogrammes itself?

Discussion in 'General Technical / How To' started by voorhees, Feb 16, 2006.

1. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 16, 2006]
    My workmate has a T5 volvo which is about 225 bhp but its getting on a bit (n regd) anyway his battery went flat because of a mishap and he charged it back up and put it back on the other morning and it seems to be roaring now? It was minus three at the time he put it back on and I wondered if anybody knows the reason for his car thinking its a sports car?
    Has it thought that minus three is standard temperture or has something gone tits up?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. DaveACQ20v

DaveACQ20v Member

[Feb 16, 2006]
    Most ECUs reset themselves if unplugged or battery disconnected and left for 15 mins or so.
  4. moschino

moschino Member

[Feb 22, 2006]
    The ECU will have reset itself and lost the timing info. Give it a few days and it will be back to normal.

Used to be a good was of increasing BHP, fill up with super unleaded, disconnect the battery for 2 hours or so, re-connect and the car will adjust its timing to the higher octane fuel. I used to do it on my impreza before children arrived and money disappeared /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  5. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 23, 2006]
    thanks for the info,I'll tell him