Volume difference between CD and Radio

sukrw

Reaction score
Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else has this "issue" but, on my concert stereo (the double din one - new style 2007) - there is a massive difference between the volume on the radio compared to that of the CD.

Sounds silly doesn't it, but if you turn the Radio up to the required volume and then choose to switch to CD, then the CD volume blasts out at you.

Is there any way to make the 2 sources similar in volume when switching ? Obviously I can turn down the radio before switching to CD but don't always remember and jump out my seat when the cd kicks into action.

On the similar topic - is there anyway to set the "BONG" volume the Bluetooth connection makes ? it is VERY loud for its purpose.

God I sound old - everything is too loud for me ... old fart that I am ! Maybe it is just that the cabin is nice and quiet :)

Sorry for all the questions - maybe someone else has thoughts on this and I am just being an old git ....

Ta.

You can use the MFSW to turn the bong down when the 'bong' actually happens.

AFAIK on the radio; there are two seperate volumes for CD and Radio. But they don't vary based on what the others volume is like if that makes sense? I think they do it to account for the poorer quality/reception of non-digital radio stations.

yes this anoyed me lots when i first got it - there is a definate design flaw in the electronics somewhere as i notice that if you tune into a radiostation via the memory its lower than if you tune it in manually - strange! but it isn't a fault, my mums seat does exactly the same (probably shares the same electronics in the head unit as the audi does. My solution is - i just dont listen to the radio anymore

sukrw said:
! Maybe it is just that the cabin is nice and quiet :)

Have they added more sound-deadening on the '07 models?
Serious question, because my '05 sportback 140 S-line is hardly a quiet motor.
Road noise and suspension noise are the overwhelming rackets, especially at motorway speeds.

Hard one for me to answer as my last car was the impreza and that was very loud on road/tyre/suspension/exhaust/drivetrain noise - so to me the new A3 is very quite :)

Also depends on what tyres you have fitted as some give better/worse running noise at different speeds.

I remember on the test drive saying to the dealer - "My god this car is quiet - you can have a normal conversation at 70mph" !
which is something you could not do in my last car - it became a bit of a shouting match to be heard over the running noise - but that was also 4WD.

So to me - yes it is pretty quiet but it is no rolls-royce !