1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viva my BAM

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Aky, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Aky

Aky Aky

[Nov 24, 2006]
    Can't wait....
    Just put down a deposit on a 2002 S3 with 32k miles. Don't pick it up for 3 wks as the garage is waiting for the previous owners new car to arrive. Currently have a TDI150 golf but wanted 4wd and Turbo power!

Haven't seen the car as yet but have been assured that if it doesn't meet my expectations then I can have my money back.

Its an import does this matter? Is there anything I should be looking out for? I've paid £12750 for it which is a lot cheaper than anywhere else in the UK just hope its got 18's and chrome mirrors but no big deal if it hasn't (these can be purchased)
    Going to get it chipped. Currently run Revo on the golf so will probably purchase again. Do the clutches go? the golf cost me £500 to replace!!

Any info is appreciated.:blackrs4:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

[Nov 24, 2006]
    Congrats!! Do you at least know what the colour is?

They're fairly robust little cars so you shouldn't have to worry about anything going to badly wrong on it. However, it's at that mileage where the anti-roll bar bushes start to break and squeek. Coilpacks and the MAF are other things to look out for.

The only difference with the imports is the warranty length. Other than that there's no difference.

Sounds like a good price, not sure I'd buy a car without seeing it, but I hope it all works out for you.
  4. Aky

Aky Aky

[Nov 24, 2006]
    Its black with black leather & I presume xenons! I know what you mean about buying without seeing, however its low mileage & these are the kind of cars that idiots don't buy! (until me)
    I pick it up from Manchester shortly - nice little crimbo pressie for me. I've been looking for a while at a few different motors R32, WRX Evo and decided to stay German & didn't want the hurrendous fuel bills from the above selection of motors!

It comes with 3 months warranty so any niggles WILL get sorted!! If bushes do go then its an excuse to start the modding process.
    Anybody know whether ASA AR1's will look nice on it? Currently wearing these shoes on the golf.

Did they rectify the coilpack issues on later models or do they go after a bit?

Again I feel cheeky as I've only just arrived on this site but I do appreciate your comments!
  5. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

[Nov 25, 2006]
    Hi good choice

They said they rectified the coilpack issues however if they do go any "good" dealer should replace them with the later versions import or not.
  6. smitch

smitch Active Member

[Nov 25, 2006]
    Best thing to do if you've only got 3 months warranty is stick it in for an mot. Then anything they pick up on get the dealer to sort it out. :thumbsup:
  7. Aky

Aky Aky

[Nov 26, 2006]
    Thanks for the info lads. BTW it comes with 12 month MOT so all should be good for at least 1 year & hopefully lots more. Will post some pics once I have picked it up and got it home safely!:blackrs4:
  8. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Well-Known Member

[Nov 26, 2006]
    xenons are standard on S3's.
  9. Aky

Aky Aky

[Nov 27, 2006]
    Does anybody know the warranty length for imports?
    I presume manufacturers is 12 months
    What about paint & bodywork? Any other wanrranties I should know about?

Cheers

Matt ..... Only 3 wks to go!