1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIN Number

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by markyp2002, Dec 13, 2006.

1. markyp2002

markyp2002 Member

where is my VIN number located? A3 2001 T Sport ?
  2. rickparmar

rickparmar va va voom

should be on the left or right corner of the windscreen

look from the outside
  3. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

or in the bootwell or under the bonnet
  4. simch

simch Active Member

On the windscreen as said and on a sticker in the boot floor which should match to the sticker in the service manual.
    Its also stamped on the top of the firewall in the engine bay, sort fo drivers side to the middle, and should be visible througha clear plastic window on the platic scuttle pkanel. If dirty, you may need to carefully lift the scuttle panel to see it, DONT lift the clear plastic, it will shatter!!

Interestingly enough on prefacelift cars, this number si clearly stamped direct into the metal on the firewall. On facelift cars (pretty sure, certainly 2002 cars on) is seems ot be stamped into a weird factory fitted soft metal "sticker style strip and is brighter ands easier to see. Forst time I noticed it I panicked, it looked real dodgy like it had been doctored (cheers audi dealer I thought!!) but a check on other facelift cars shows this is who they do it now!
    Sort fo scary though, if plod ever looked hard at it, he may talke you in cos it looks well sus!