1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vignette ? ?

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by andy203, Apr 6, 2014.

1. andy203

andy203 181 BHP

Does anybody know what Vignette does in the Sat Nav. It is in the menu under route options.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. monopole

monopole Well-Known Member

fades out the horizon?

4. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member
    Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A3 quattro

The only Vignettes that I know of related to routes are the ones required to use motorways in Austria and Switzerland. Perhaps it a bit like when a Sat/Nav warns you if you need to take a Ferry if you enter a route from London to Paris. Perhaps with Vignettes set it warns you when your route include countries that required you to show one.

The only other option I can think off, especially as it's a German car, is that quite a number of German cites and towns (47 at the last count) require you to display an Unweltzone vignette. Only if you have a level 4 (colour Green) Umweltzone sticker in your windscreen are you allowed to drive into and park in these towns and cites. It applies to visiting cars as well as German cars and visitors must apply for a sticker from one of the special department in many German cities. This can be done by post with a copy of the V5C document. All new A3s meet these requirements and as I visit Germany quite often I have one in my windscreen. It may well be that the Sat/Nav warns you that you are about to enter or go through one of these Umweltzones.

5. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

It's in the manual. h5djr is right - it's roads in Europe that require a 'subscription' as such to use, you can set which countries you can use them in, or not to use them etc.