viewty

ive got the LG prada which is kind of similar to the viewty, ive had allot of problems with my fone id go for the sony ericsson k850i

I had the LG prada and returned it after only a couploe of days as it was terrible. If your after a phone to actually use for calls etc and not just look "pretty" I'd avoid the viewty...

i've got one. was a bit worried at first when the guy on the phone bent my arm...its aint all that bad, touch screen is responisve enough and vibrates slightly so you know u touched something. camera is good to. had the phone for over 2 week now, not had any probs.

cheers guys,

ive decided on the k850i....comes tommorow....bye bye w880i

T3 slated the Viewty's camera, especially something about having to rotate the lens manually to zoom, giving the impression it's an optical zoom when it isn't?
They also slated the build quality, saying it was very poor.
In fact, they said the battery cover had the strength of a "ladybug's wings".

I've just got the other half the new Viewty as an upgrade. I was a little sceptical at first after reading the review in Stuff magazine.
She fancied either the SE W910i or the Viewty and after looking at the 2 instore, I must say the LG looks a much nicer, classier looking phone.
Anyway with O2 you get 14 days to try out your new phone as an upgrade, First impression are great, it looks cool, but I would say it's more of a MP3 player, video player and camera than an actual phone, that's not to say that its not a good phone, it's just some people would prefer proper buttons if using it mainly as a phone.
The jog dial around the camera lens is used to skip through the menus as well as the camera zoom, which makes it a little tricky to use as its on the back of the phone when scrolling through things.
Battery life is also a little suspect, but that is mainly down to the large touchscreen, sometimes lasting less than a day.
As for the comment about the flimsy back cover, the cover is actually metal and is thin but quite strong, unlike most other mobiles I've had which have been plastic and definately flimsy!!
Anyway still evaluating it at the moment so will give it another week before making a final decision on it

please do ive got an upgrade due on another contract and although ive had a k850 i still have a fondness for this phone

I would not touch a k850i, my business partner is already on his 4th one within 2 weeks ! Just do a search for "k850i problems" !!! Software locks up regularily and turns itself off !

I've had an LG Chocolate for a year now with no problems but cannot comment on the other LGs

Andy

Well, I kept the Viewty as it really is a nice phone. I did get a second one sent out as a replacement because I couldn't believe the short battery life. However, the replacement is the same lasting not much more than a day with very little use!!
Considering what it can do though, it's a gripe I can put up with.