1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Shudder on 2010 RNS-E

Discussion in 'Satellite Navigation' started by bdavbdav, Oct 20, 2011.

1. bdavbdav

bdavbdav Member

[Oct 20, 2011]
    Hey All,

I had (up until recently) an A3 which I bought the old style RNS-E for, paired with some random multimedia adapter (VNSMedia?) - this worked great, clear picture etc.

I've recently upgraded to an S3, which came with the 2010 RNS-E, which works great, except for the IMA. Whenever I play anything through it, it jumps back and forth in the video every couple of seconds, like this:
    Video Shudder - YouTube

The scan lines are just from the camera, and in every other way the image is fine - no noise or anything on the V or A, suggesting everythings grounded properly.

I've tried the old RNS-E from the last car in the new one, and that works fine, so I would posit that the adapter is not at fault - all this is doing is outputting RGBS, and if its fine on the old one then its outputting correctly, the only other thing it does is trigger the TV option over CAN.

Is there any reason the new RNS-E would be doing this? Has anyone else tried a multimedia adapter with one? If the RNSE is faulty, I can't see myself getting any help from audi unfortunately, not being an original audi part connected to it.

Cheers,

Ben
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]