vibration when accelerating and suspension underload - video

tom barker

Reaction score
audi a3, 2.0 tdi, dsg, 2006

guys,

ive been hearing a vibration coming from the mid/front region of the car - i would guess to the rear of the engine. it seems to apprear when the engine is under some load, not a lot but not idling, and the suspension is moving. i think its a noise short somewhere, maybe exhaust related when the engine moves/bounces and flexes do to suspension movement.

half of the problem is it doesnt make a sound unless the car is moving making fault finding very difficult. ive been under the car and looked at all the exhaust system, all looks in tood nick. plenty of clearence.

has anyone come accross this? really odd, its now been doing it for about 4 months, doesnt seem to be geting any worse. you can hear it as a wheer on the video below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't feel any vibration a video clip but I would be checking the engine mounting points and the front springs for breakage first.

Not to worry you as could be wrong, but the way those revs go up and drop almost looked like clutch slipped, had a dsg Golf in last job which did it

It seems to make that noise three times at the start yes?

As Soot said its hard to feel it via video, lol

Oh dear, just seen this was only posted yesterday!! My car is in the garage today so will let you know what the outcome is...