1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vibration thru the car

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by kenny_boon, Jun 22, 2006.

1. kenny_boon

kenny_boon Member

hi all,

ive noticed recently my car is having a vibration thru the steering(slight) accelerator pedal and feel it thru my seat.

this happens at 70mph and above(private road)
    could this be as easy as a wheel balance issue?
  2. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

I dont think its a wheel balancing issue though i may be wrong. I recently had new tyres put on. I'm then told that every wheel is ever so slightly warped. This is not a weakness in the wheel the tyre fitter basically said that the roads in the UK are so **** that this tends to happen alot on low profile tyres when you go over a pot hole or something, there is just no give in the tyre and the alloy takes a beating. I am running 225/40/18's so theres no give when i hit something.....could yours be the same? I now get the same vibration you describe when doing 70-80 but when i stay at 90-100+ it goes. Although there are similarities it maybe worth while getting the balancing checked anyway mate.
  3. kenny_boon

kenny_boon Member

thanks mate, turned out to be wheel balancing on the rear wheel, changed the balancing at a different place, runs as smooth as you like :)