1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vibe active sub

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by rickyquicky, Feb 20, 2010.

1. rickyquicky

rickyquicky Member

Hi guys,

How hard is it to fit an active 'vibe' subwoofer to my car?

I don't want to mess about with too many changes/wiring etc, and thought that installing an active sub might be the way to go. I have the audi 'concert' system with 6 CD changer built into the unit if that helps. Will it have the neccessary connectors at the back to just 'plug and play'?

Cheers, Ricky.
  2. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

You need to be more specific, there's laods of Vibe active subs ranging which vary wildy in enclosure size. Also I don't know if the concert HU has the sub out connectors but I doubt it has.
  3. piers90

piers90 Member

My mate installed a sound system with the standard headunit. he had to buy a 'thing' to plug into the back to allow for him to plug in a sub and it also gave him a clean signal compared to the standard HU signal...
    he is on this forum. his user name is Y3NRY... private message him to get the details. i think he may have tht bit you plug into the back for sale..

Piers :icon_thumright:
  4. rickyquicky

rickyquicky Member

Why does it matter what size it is?

Im just asking if I buy an active sub (like a vibe one) is it plug and play, or how can I hook it up to the standard head unit?
  5. rickyquicky

rickyquicky Member

Thanks Piers, same colour A3 as mine too! :icon_thumright:
  6. 4NT

4NT Terminal Douche Bag!

Don't think any of them have a sub pre out on them, the Vibe will have a high level input (from rear speaker) but you still need to run a live from the battery and a trigger / ignition feed to turn it on when the ignition is switched on so you'll still have to do a fair bit of messing. Dependant upon your car model it may have the Audi (Blaupunkt) sub and amp behind the left hand boot trim panel, theses are standard to Sports , S-Lines and maybe SE's.

If you have one you can tap into it's internal 50watt RMS amp and put a dual voice coil sub to it, you'd be surprised the amount of sound you can get from that little amp, Dual Voice Coil only though as that is what the amp is set up for, if you run a normal sub you'll only get half the power.

Good luck! :icon_thumright: