1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vibaration through accelerator peddle

Sprintblu3 Jan 9, 2014

1. Sprintblu3

Sprintblu3 Active Member

Im getting a vibration through the accelerator peddle at around 60mph onwardsto about 80mph (not sped up to higher to see if it continues) and my girlfriend says she can also feel it slightly through the passenger side floor and hear it, it isnt a continuous vibrate its pulses on and off continuosly though. What could it be? It doesnt vibrate when doing normal road drives.

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Tyre, wheel, bearing, driveshaft, bushes, could try moving the wheels around & see if it moves at all, but requires inspecting of course.

Sprintblu3 likes this.
  3. Sprintblu3

Sprintblu3 Active Member

I have a MOT coming up 1st feb worth waiting til then? See what they say and get it sorted then

4. Sayam

Sayam Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

As said could be a multitude of factors, the only way to diagnose is to check turn by turn. So, tyre pressure, tyre condition, tyre balancing (may or may not be related to wheel bent/buckled) and then visual inspection of bushes, suspension arms etc if still nothing then further investigation and I can't tell you what cos thats where my mechanical knowledge stops lol, wheel bearings also worth checking.

Sprintblu3 likes this.