1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Weird Noise

Defratos May 17, 2007

1. Defratos

Defratos You’re Dethpicable!!

Hey guys, recently I've noticed a weird noise coming from my car. It happens when accelerating slowly and from 2'500 - 3000 rpm a weird sort of faint droning noise comes in for a sec and goes. It sounds like when you blow into an empty glass bottle you know that wooooooo noise, but I get it slightly and only at those revs, been noticing it more and more. It is due in for service (1 week over due and got 2 weeks till I got it booked) What do u think it could be? Hope I made some sense in my explanation. Other than that I dont get any weird vibrations or anything like that so I'm a bit mystified (me thinks might be something to do with the turbo because its starts spooling at those rpms) and I can't pin point where the noise is coming from but it could be either engine bay or exhaust not sure yet.

2. nickelvery

nickelvery RS4 B5 380bhp

Hey buddy, that could just be exhaust noise but best to get it on a ramp and have a good look.

I'm trying to get some people interested in an Audi Meet at Box Hill on Sunday 1st July.

Click the link below for more details.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=39454

3. Defratos

Hey there mate, I hope it is just the exhaust noise, its just weird how it started now and not on January when I changed the exhaust. Would be great to meet up but I can't got work the next day and I'll be several 100 miles up north :bye:

4. Defratos

p.s. don't get a forge shifter, check out diesel geek smoother than a baby's bottom

5. Aky

Aky Aky

Glad you like it - kind of regreting selling mine now!