1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Weird Noise

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Defratos, May 17, 2007.

1. Defratos

Defratos You’re Dethpicable!!

[May 17, 2007]
    Hey guys, recently I've noticed a weird noise coming from my car. It happens when accelerating slowly and from 2'500 - 3000 rpm a weird sort of faint droning noise comes in for a sec and goes. It sounds like when you blow into an empty glass bottle you know that wooooooo noise, but I get it slightly and only at those revs, been noticing it more and more. It is due in for service (1 week over due and got 2 weeks till I got it booked) What do u think it could be? Hope I made some sense in my explanation. Other than that I dont get any weird vibrations or anything like that so I'm a bit mystified (me thinks might be something to do with the turbo because its starts spooling at those rpms) and I can't pin point where the noise is coming from but it could be either engine bay or exhaust not sure yet.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. nickelvery

nickelvery RS4 B5 380bhp

[May 17, 2007]
    Hey buddy, that could just be exhaust noise but best to get it on a ramp and have a good look.

I'm trying to get some people interested in an Audi Meet at Box Hill on Sunday 1st July.

Click the link below for more details.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=39454
  4. Defratos

[May 17, 2007]
    Hey there mate, I hope it is just the exhaust noise, its just weird how it started now and not on January when I changed the exhaust. Would be great to meet up but I can't got work the next day and I'll be several 100 miles up north :bye:
  5. Defratos

[May 17, 2007]
    p.s. don't get a forge shifter, check out diesel geek smoother than a baby's bottom
  6. Aky

Aky Aky

[May 17, 2007]
    Glad you like it - kind of regreting selling mine now!