1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Nearly 'Owned' by Audi Macclesfield

Morzy Feb 25, 2010

1. Morzy

Morzy Member

Need a new Cam position sensor (£24 + VAT), bought the sensor then rang Audi to see about fitting becuase i didn't have a clue where it was....service told me that it was a 3.5 hour job as they had to take the cambelt off....

Started to wonder, so rang Votex in Congleton, who proceeded to talk me to the location of the sensor, and guess what... its right at the front of the engine and could prob be swapped by my nephew who is 3. One alan bolt and thats it...

Bloody Audi, i very nearly gave you £400 worth of labour for a 10 minute job!!!

2. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

Audi =

[​IMG]

3. scottie123

scottie123 (●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#

:jump: Top draw N8 !

4. 4NT

4NT Terminal Douche Bag!

Morzy,

How typical is that! If I wasn't busy for £3.62 I'd drive a truck through their showroom windows for you. Nice feeling to have used your intuition eh...

5. N8

I do try :whistle2:

6. Morzy

Morzy Member

Yes, well chuffed i managed to save a small fortune by not rushing into it and taking the stealer's word for it!

7. RAPS3

RAPS3 Well-Known Member

Thats at least an excuse to spend £400 on mods.....just think of it as money you've saved :laugh:

8. N8

Paul thinks like me!

9. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

Votex is great, i know them quite well and they service all my cars :)

10. N8

Votex do offer good service! Very good.

11. visualunderground

visualunderground New Member

Thanks for the heads up. Got my Audi for Macc, I'll try Vortex for a 2nd quote if I ever need one.

12. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3

Bluddy stealers. Go back to them and waste their time and show them what kind of job it is. Try and squeeze something out of them and complain!! I remember once my cousin got his clutch and flywheel done from audi and wanted the old ones back so he could take it to the previous maufactor and complain saying it only lasted 1 year (on decent driving) and audi tried to charge £30 to give the old one back??? Ontop of the 1000 they stole. Baskets!