1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

very cheap b6 rs4 bumper

white.akita Apr 18, 2009

1. white.akita

white.akita Active Member

hi, guys have a look at this and the price http://www.revengebodystyling.co.uk...lift-front-bumper/Detailed-product-flyer.html

the picture looks like it has some sort of bonnet extension and genuine rs4 grills, which i assumed would need to be bought seperately from another company.
    i dont seem to get a straight answer when i contact the company apart from them saying that everything is included.
    can anyone offer any advice on this bumper ?

2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

The car pictured has a Hofele (or similar) conversion making it a one piece grille, I have no idea how much they are, but it won't be cheap. And no where in the advert does it specify it's for a B6 does it?

Then as you say the grilles would be extra, probably fog lights too. I can see that costing a lot more than £169 in all honesty!

3. coyote

coyote Member

Hofele kit. CLICK HERE

Taken from their website:

replaces the original front bumper of your A4 B6 8E and gives your car the look of the new Audi RS4 or S4. To mount the bumper a bonnet extension piece has to be glued to the bonnet. The new Single-Frame front grill is being screwed into this extension piece. For further information please read our short installation guide.
    Virtues of the Hofele-Design front bumper are its design & fit.
    The front bumper can be combined with the S4 or the RS4 front grill. This and the use of other OEM components like the RS4 mesh for the fog lights guarantee an OEM look which is still individual.
    OEM components like the Parktronic-sensors, the headlight washer system and the fog lights can be taken from the original bumper. The alloy crash bar can be taken as well, this guarantees complete security in case of a crash.
    The bumper is made of the high-quality material PKG. The bumper is already primed and comes ready to paint. Please check our certificate of quality for further information.
    The bumper is available for cars with or without headlight washers and with or without Parktronic. If you car has no headlight washers, the openings in the bumper have to be sealed with the OEM caps which are also available at Hofele-Design.

4. white.akita

he said it was for the b6 in a email, he also says it comes with good quality mesh but the grills in the picture look standard fit and are not cut out of mesh.
    i will have to phone them in the morning.

5. white.akita

i have seen the hofele kits before but this kit is £170 and the seller claims it comes with everything needed !

6. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Id avoid this seller as I questioned him on a few things and his attitude changed, I asked to see the Original Bumper instead of the GOLF bumper he shows in his ebay ad but he said he uses that for illustration purposes only.....

I asked him why, If he has the bumper then why not???? He said the bumper is the best quality you will get etc but still didnt send me a picture like I asked 6 times.
    I wasnt really interested in the bumper but it was the golf bumper that caught my eye and I jut simply quoted that the bumper in his ad wasnt for an audi and how does he explain the Bonnet extension and so on....He still didnt answer me directly.

His attitude stinks IMO and from what Ive found out, Id stay away from the Div!!!:whip:

7. white.akita

thats what i was thinking, i think he hasnt even seen the bodykits. when he gets a order he probably just buys them from korea and gets them sent to the person who bought the order obviously with a marked up price.

8. white.akita

9. white.akita

phoned the seller today and he said for £210 delivered i will get the front bumper and bonnet extension.
    the 3 rs4 grills will need to be bought extra and then i would need to extend the bonnet catch.
    the bonnet extension will need to be smoothed into the bonnet so the bonnet will also need a respray.
    i still dont know wether to bother or not !

10. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

If you are going to go to all that trouble then if it was me id want to see the Goods before I pay anything because it sounds so cheap. I asked him for pictures of the actual kit but still to this day he hasnt, He ignores me now. Not that im interested in the kit, more just intrigued!!!

11. marv

marv Member

hi mate i have sen 1 of these kits on anold shape a4 and it looks nasty, u best puting the after marketompers onrather than that front end, what mods you got on ya audi?? i live in darlington too

12. white.akita

my mods so far is only ,18" rs4 wheels and a remap to 170bhp.
    im going to leave that rs4 bumper alone i thought it might look cheap and nasty.
    ive got a couple of other splitters in mind so i will get one of them and some 19" rs6.
    will get a black leather interior if i can find one for under £500 !