Vent To Atmosphere ??

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
Hi guys ;)

I've decided to vent my catch can to atmosphere.

Is it just a case of pulling the hose off the hockey puck and putting a filter on the end, then removing the hockey puck from the TIP and plugging the hole ?

That's it, this is how mine looks:
296cdbc360d7746d275bd3e45c763251.jpg

Steve

Reactions: IPG
thanks for that ;)

Would i be able to get rid of the catch can completely by going from this:

r8utxg.png

To this:

2cxfam8.jpg

By removing everything circled in green, putting a filter on the end of the hose and a plug in the TIP?

I tried this whilst waiting for some 19mm hose connectors during my catch can fitment, and being concerned with early morning emulsified fumes, causing running problems, instead what happended is the carbon filter ripped off after 4 days, where it filled up with gloop - probably lucky it didn't put pressue on some other gaskets inside the engine. noticed a distinct smell of fuel at traffic lights.

Really....

I thought it would help with the breathing by removing the catch can.

I really would want to get rid of it if it was possible without causing problems :(

Just dont put a filter on the end... My breather is cam and crank into a T piece then it goes down and sits by the gearbox, no issues.

@A3 T

That wonderful MS paint pic of mine you posted was my first setup before I changed it to vent to atmosphere instead of putting all the muck back into the TIP, therefore back into the engine and reducing octane in the fuel.

Bung the TIP and bin the hockey puck, then run hose from the outlet of the catch can out the bottom of the engine bay. I cable tied the hose along the underneath of the car to ensure the fumes were nowhere near the front and coming back into the cabin. So it's basically the same as your idea but with a catch can.

I can't see your idea being a problem except you will be chucking out quite a bit of crap if you're not catching anything with a can.