Vent lighting

Kevin_w90

Kevin
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello, I've recently purchased a retrofit kit from audi for my b8 a4 in order to fit the heater vent lighting. Has anyone done this and can advise the best place to wire them to?

Thanks

Hi Adam, just ordered it from audi. Came with all the front led units and rear, no looms Im afraid however Ive put all the wiring in at the weekend and it was fairly straight forward. I tried to order the light units separately but the parts man at audi said he had them lumped as a retrofit kit. Could give you the part numbers for the vent lights if you need? Still have the boxes lying around.

Just wanted to check with someone on here where to take the power source from? Was planning taking it from Pin 31 of the grey connector of j519 module?

yes please part number would be great how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? might be worth you doing a gide for others. did you order repair wires from audi ? fianally did you oder off mike from this forum

For the two front side vents and front and rear centre vents you need the following part numbers 8T0919177B, 8T0919177A, 8T0919178 (need two of these one for left and one for right vent). Paid £48 for these plus one repair wire which was £2.50 from audi. No looms for these so apart from the repair wire to go into the plug (just cut lengths of wire I had in the shed). Quite expensive for what your getting back but it annoys me not having lights there, its petty that was even part of the light pack. Not really been using the forum for a few years so not really sure who would be able to sell me parts on here.

Planning doing a write up once I'm done which hopefully will be next weekend so keep an eye out for some pictures

Thanks

Reactions: GavG