1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vehicle Inspections

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Caesium, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[Feb 12, 2009]
    anyone on here know of a vehicle inspector that could look over my car, I am considering taking legal action against BMW as my car has had a lot of faults and I have been informed by a BMW dealer that it has been involved in a serious rear ender at some point, and I'd need an inspection to prove that.

Answers on a postcard please!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 12, 2009]
    If you have RAC or AA membership, they could do it for a discounted price I think? Or get a mate who has said membership, and act like they are interested in buying the car.
  4. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Feb 12, 2009]
    I had a 24,000 mile 5 year old Peugeot 306 1.9 turbodiesel (which I really hated) but two different potential purchasors had inspections done,,,,one by the AA, the other the RAC.....

I found the AA inspection very top level, and I did not think they were very thorough but the RAC inspection was very thorough !.....may have been the luck of the draw, and I suspect some inspectors take their jobs more seriously than others....

A war story : The Pug had just passed an MOT, so I was not expecting any faults.....but where the AA bloke missed it, the RAC chap found the diesel pump was leaking (an MOT failure)...considering the Peugeot garage I bought it from MOT'd the car about 3 days before the inspection I was pretty p*ssed ! Anyways car was off the road for a week as Peugeot Main dealer insisted on getting the pump refurbished instead of fitting a new one under the warranty.......needless to say I got rid of the Peugeot and would never ever buy another as the overall reliability was bloody rubbish and no matter how carefully I drove it, it would never do more than 42mpg....my 2.5TDi does that on a run (OK with the wife driving it !!)
  5. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

[Feb 14, 2009]
    Try VCS vehicle inspections, they saved me buying a lemon Supra and they don't see many Supra's, so on a BMW they should know a fair bit.