1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VED Band (Tax Disc) - A3 Sportback

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by coolguy, Jun 30, 2013.

1. coolguy

coolguy Member

Hi all,

When I was ordering the sportback I noticed that the CO2 emission was different for the sport version in the brochure (the back page and the price list near the front).

I just want to know for the ones who have just got their new cars (MY14 version) whatis the actual VED band/CO2 emission on the tax disc/V5C log book?

Band C (120g/km) or band D (123g/km)?

Thanks
  2. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

The latest brochure says 120g/km for the 1.4TFSI (non-COD). I can't see any mention of 123g/km, nor will it differ depending on the trim level.

EDIT: Ah, the 120g/km is for the 3-door, the Sportback is 123g/km so it's the latter figure that applies to you.
  3. coolguy

coolguy Member

If you look at page 30 this is what is shows for the A3 Sportback Sport

Then on page 86 it states 123g/km.
  4. Vertigo1

I think it's a misprint to be honest - the data pages from 82 onwards show the figures for each engine type and model (3-door or Sportback). To my knowledge the CO2 rating never changes between trim levels of the same model.
  5. coolguy

coolguy Member

Just looking through the new brochure July 2013 and it now has the correct figure of 123g/km.

Guess it was a misprint. Oh well, thought I would only have to pay £30 each year.
  6. Vertigo1

TBH, unless you're in one of the ridiculous £400 bands, I don't really understand why people get so hung up on the cost of road tax or VED to give it its proper name.

Nothing personal here of course, it just seems to me that the cost of the tax disc really doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme of what it costs to run a car for a year.
    hittchy likes this.
  7. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

You do notice it more though when you have to pay a big lump sum at once... not going to complain about £20 a year though for mine :)
    SJW likes this.
  8. Vertigo1

I guess. Maybe I'm just out of touch, not having paid for road tax for 17 years :D